1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014-15 NFC Championship: Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What are you talking about? The Rockets won back-to-back championships while you were around. :grin:

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

He was filling up his pullups when that happened.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I've never seen anything like that. One for the ages.

4. CometsWin

Reading this thread was pretty funny.

5. VanityHalfBlack

So are they a dynasty or not?

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hmmmm, i would say winning 3 out of a 5 yr period makes it a dynasty.Or at least being there and winning a couple. Say if they won it this year and just fell off to nothing would we look back at them as a dynasty? Not sure.

7. Beavis Stiffler

They are a dynasty if they can beat the Pats.

There's gotta be that one great game or playoff series or one moment.

Just like when Duke beat Kentucky on Laettner's game-winning shot and that led them to win back-to-back NCAA basketball national titles.

Also, the Rockets were down 3-1 to the Suns but they came back and win the series on Mario Elie's "kiss of death" and this led the Rockets winning their 2nd consecutive NBA championship.

So if the 'Hawks win their 2nd straight Super Bowl, the NFC championship game was their most defining moment.

8. what

what Member

I'll never understand how a team can let all of this happen at the end of a game. It's almost like the NFL sets this up: or vegas does.

I've seen this SO MUCH in football.
    One week ago: the packers make clutch play after clutch play to seal the game. But you are going to tell me that with 3 minutes to go and down 2 tds, that the packers let this happen?

I remember the 2000 Titans coughed away a win to the ravens to go to the superbowl. I used to this it was psychology, but I think Vegas or something else is at work. There is just too much strangeness in the nfl for it not to be.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

I kinda agree, i wonder sometimes if we all are being snookered.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know. I posted some dumb (in retrospect) comment too, but holy mackerel, it was absolutely pathetic and crazy how bad the Hawks were in the first half. I've never seen anything quite that awful, outside of some high school games.

They could *really* stink up the super bowl if they play like that, which would be absolutely hilarious. A 13-2 Superbowl or some such, with 20 turnovers.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The word "dynasty" gets thrown around waaaay too often and its usually not applied correctly.

For instance, what the Pats/Beliheck have been able to do since 2001 is almost impossible to ever replicate, regardless of "when" their championships were. What the Bills did in making 4 straight super bowls was also something unlikely to ever be done again (even though they lost them all).

On the flip-side, if the Seahawks win they join a short list of teams ever to win back-to-back, and the first to do it in 10 years (and in the modern-day parity-filled NFL, I feel its harder than ever to "repeat").

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Its funny I thought the same thing about the Pats being a Dynasty for 15 yrs because they always seem to be in the hunt, also considered Buffalo but by not winning one I cant consider them a dynasty although they were great. Then you have Seattle who knocked on the door year before last and then won it last year and the if they win it this year? They are borderline IMO.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That atmosphere is probably pretty hazy.

14. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

'57-'69 Celtics: 11 of 13 Championships
    '91-'98 Bulls: 6 of 8 Championships
    '36-'43 Yankees: 6 of 8 WS

Those are dynasties. Back to Back is difficult, but hardly dynastic.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just saw postgame and McCarthy said ya have to give Seattle credit. :rolleyes: really?

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Boy did the Packers "blow" that one. They had that game gift wrapped. Kind of like a miracle comeback.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Chiefs last year vs Colts.

18. Remii

Remii Member

He's one of the last two quarterbacks standing... Again.

19. CometsWin

Actually it was kind of a boring game until the last few minutes. I don't even know what happened there. Game was well in hand and then boom.

20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Can someone post the comeback highlights?