1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Houston Dynamo thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Or France's handball that kept Ireland out of the World Cup

2. Beavis Stiffler

Brad Davis (USA), Boniek Garcia (Honduras), and Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica) will not play on Saturday's game against Vancouver because of being called up to their national teams.

http://www.csnhouston.com/soccer-houston-dynamo/talk/davis-call-test-dynamo-depth

3. Beavis Stiffler

The Dynamo won 2-1 against the Whitecaps.

They played without their 3 key players (Davis, Boniek, and Taylor). Very impressed by the performances of Driver and Barnes tonight. Creavalle made up those two missed shots from the 1st half to score the game-winning goal in the 2nd half.

Dynamo are also undefeated at home for 33 games.

4. Beavis Stiffler

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GREAT atmosphere for such a small crowd. I enjoyed the game with my brother... and was confident we would make another comeback... like... well, almost always!

I was sitting behind Cannon (Whitecaps' keeper) in the first half, and we kept heckling him, and got everyone in my section to heckle him more. After the half, went to join my friend in the Texian Army and then moved to the left for empty seats, and heckled Cannon even further. He noticeably seemed to not be completely fit and healthy for the game, for he was limping and hobbling, and I kept messing with him. Everyone joined in. This is FOOTBALL, where you have to use your feet, remember? He only had one leg that night, and those two goals may have not been scored had he been 100% healthy.

Here's a couple photos I took with my HEALTHY CANON ;) (you might need to log in to Facebook):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one probably belongs in a different thread ([2013] Best ____?)[​IMG]

:cool: WE ARE ORANGE!

6. Beavis Stiffler

Houston Dynamo vs. San Jose Earthquakes
    BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas
    Saturday, March 30, 2013
    7:30 p.m. CT (KPRC-NBC, Channel 2)

[​IMG]

One win or a draw away from tying Real Salt Lake's undefeated streak at home (34 games in all competitions, MLS and CCL).

7. Beavis Stiffler

Dynamo win 2-0 and they tied the MLS record with a 34-game undefeated streak at home. Will Bruin scored in the 18th minute and Giles Barnes scored in the 42nd minute.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Really impressive win by the Dynamo. They dominated throughout - it could have easily been a 4-0 blowout (not that I'm not satisfied).

9. Beavis Stiffler

Dynamo win 2-1 against the Chicago Fire.

The streak at home is 35 games with no defeats. Still Unbeaten!!!

10. Beavis Stiffler

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

35! Good stuff, Dynamo!

12. Beavis Stiffler

13. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Dynamo get a goal in stopage time today to tie it up 1 to 1 and get one point on the road in Toronto :)

14. Beavis Stiffler

After one of the players from the Dynamo got a undeserving red card and down to 10 men. Plus bad calls from referees and injuries to two key players.

15. Beavis Stiffler

HOUSTON DYNAMO vs. COLORADO RAPIDS

BBVA COMPASS STADIUM, Houston, Texas

April 28, 2013
    4 p.m. CT (UniMás & CSN Houston)

[​IMG]

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Good, I can finally watch a game today on tv

17. Beavis Stiffler

The Dynamo announced they will play against English Premier League club, Stoke City, on July 24.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/houston-dynamo-prodigal-son-geoff-cameron-deciding-factor-203110202.html

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Happy to hear about the Stoke friendly. It will be cool for the fans and, presumably, for Geoff to have him play in Houston again.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DYNAMO WIN!!
    Houston 1
    LA Galaxy 0
    T. Hall stopped PK (Donovan)
    Driver goal 56'
    First road win of the season (first since July 2012), 1st win @ LA since 2007

Also, I loved the "Houston, We are your father" banner the L.A. fans put up... only to see us beat them, even without Brad Davis. :p LOL!

20. Beavis Stiffler

Big win for the Houston Dynamo tonight on the road against the Los Angeles Galaxy. They are in a 4-way tie for 1st place in the Eastern Conference with New York Red Bulls, Sporting Kansas City, and Montreal Impact. Next game for the Dynamo is at D.C. United on Wednesday.