1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Houston Dynamo thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

okay, the reason I quoted/replied twice is that I figured Beavis Stiffler probably knows them by name, and all this other thing. Probably has them on his facebook already.

Turns out, he got picked to play. Turns out, I got to go play with them also.
    We got to hang out with two DGs. One was very friendly and engaging, and hope to say hi to her at a game one of these days. The other one... eh, she here and there, but not really.

I think we got cheated. We had the second most tickets. I wanted to challenge someone on the other team to skeeball or pop a shot or something.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

going to the santos game and watching the game on t.v. Going to make some mexican bbq

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

gotta say say that I agree with most points they raise. Attendance looked embarrassing tonight
    Non-sellout for opener is a bad sign for Dynamo

4. Beavis Stiffler

20,019. That's still higher than the Rockets' average attendance. The Rockets would love to take those kinds of attendance numbers in a heartbeat.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

To be fair, Toyota Center has a max capacity of 18,000. But the attendance last night was pretty disappointing. The north end of the stadium was at best half full.

And I find it amusing that Ortiz of all people is calling somebody out for doing a poor job.

6. Beavis Stiffler

Big game on Tuesday night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Dynamo-Santos matchup is soccer's version of Texans-Patriots but I'm rooting for the underdogs in Orange.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I'm very curios to see what sort of lineup we use. We only have a couple of days of rest and probably aren't in full game shape yet but we don't have a game this weekend.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Will the Scottish dude start, then? :eek: Will he be ready?

9. Beavis Stiffler

I think Andrew Driver will play but not in the starting 11, maybe in the 2nd leg he will be starting.

10. SwoLy-D

YAHOO! Sports News - Dynamo say MLS/Mexico gap shrinking

Houston Dynamo say gap between MLS, Mexico shrinking ahead of CCL clash vs. Santos Laguna - :eek:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/houston-dynamo-gap-between-mls-153452691--mls.html

:mad: I'll be cheering HARD for my Houston Dynamo... also LOUD. I hope the stadium has more ORANGE than green...

11. SwoLy-D

:eek: Hurry!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Who is in need for ticket for tonight Dynamo game?</p>&mdash; Glenn Davis (@GlennDavisSoc) <a href="https://twitter.com/GlennDavisSoc/status/309036527961387012">March 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

BRAD DAVIS!

89TH!

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

damnit Bruin/Driver. Could have been 2!

14. Beavis Stiffler

Remember, there is an away-goals tiebreaker. If the Dynamo score 1 goal, Santos are forced to score 3 goals to win the series.

Dynamo score 1, Santos need to score 3

Dynamo score 2, Santos need to score 4

Dynamo score 3, Santos need to score 5

and so on, etc.

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

great game, the dynamo were really pushing for it the whole game. Driver looked really sharp. Bruin should have shot the ball instead of passing it to driver.

16. Beavis Stiffler

With that goal scored by Brad Davis, he just got another call-up to the USMNT.

17. SwoLy-D

That GOAL was SWEET. At the RIGHT TIME, I was at the RIGHT PLACE...

NOT a GOAL:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GOAL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:cool:

18. SwoLy-D

Feels good to say 5-1-1 to these dudes thinking they can stop the ORANGE... :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UF3H1s8XY&feature=youtu.be

Knee-slapper:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2UF3H1s8XY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2UF3H1s8XY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

We don't need no stinkin' infomercials to keep EL Capitán here.
    Looking forward to Andrew Driver scoring his first four goals vs. F*C**** Dallas. :p

19. Beavis Stiffler

The Seattle Sounders made a dramatic comeback against Tigres de Nuevo Leon, being down 0-2 and then scored three unanswered goals. They won 3-2 on aggregate.

The winner between the Houston Dynamo and Santos Laguna will take on the Seattle Sounders in the semifinals of the CONCACAF Champions League.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

We're 29 minutes in and Santos already has a 2-0 lead in this leg.

Their first goal came on a penalty. The ball hit the crossbar and then bounced outside of the goal. Hall and a Dynamo defender rushed to the ball, but they were beat to the ball by a Santos player who just used his body to push the ball into the net.

The second goal came from none other than Hercules Gomez. He got into a little break and for some reason, even though a Dynamo defender looked like he had the angle on Herc, Tally Hall came rushing out of the net. All Herc had to do was scoot the ball past Hall.