1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 BCS National Championship: Notre Dame vs. Alabama

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Who wins the 2013 BCS National Championship?

1. Notre Dame

29.9%
  2. Alabama

70.1%
  1. 713

713 Member

Thank God for a 4-team playoff next year...

2. likestohypeguy

Yes they can! In your face!

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

year after next i thought???

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

SEC is STRONG!

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The most boring BCS championship i have ever seen, it was over in the first quarter.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Correct, it's in two years.

7. AB423

AB423 Member

That's nice that the commissioner gave him better seats.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

B..bu...but why? Why? :(:(
    BECAUSE
    [​IMG]
    that's why. Suckers. Been had told y'all Bama had an offense.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I gotta feel bad for Heypartner

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Katherine Webb was the best part of this game.

#190 sammy, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  11. sammy

You mean Florida and now Alabama, suckers.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yes it is.

I live in SEC country and these people live and breath SEC football all year long. But Bama looked better than they really are because, sorry ND fans, ND didn't belong. They didn't play anybody and the meh people they did play, they barely beat or had to come from behind. They were over-ranked because of their x-0 record. Last night they were. Bama just man-handled ND partially because they are good but mostly because ND isn't #1 good. They never played a big boy until bowl time. That's a little late to test your mettle against a good team much less one of the best.

Now I’m not trashing Bama because they are good. They have players and coaches that make the program one of the best. But there are a few teams that could have put in a better showing.

A&M – I usually don’t buy into hype but Johnny is good. Scary good. Even if A&M is down, I wouldn’t rest easy as long as he’s on the field. While his runs are dangerous (comes from his WR background), his mind to make the right plays and accuracy is unreal – especially for a 1st year fresh/soph QB. Big games, away games, etc…they don’t rattle him. The line gives him time and even if the coverage is there, the ball ends up in the spot it just has to be and those big plays are back breakers even if your D is stout.

Georgia – Not a big Bull Dog guy and they have their faults but Bama fears UG and for good reason. I believe that one ref call late in the 1st half in the SEC champ game was the call that made it Bama vs ND instead of UG vs ND.

Oregon – I don’t think they would have beat Bama but I do feel that it would have been a better game.

SEC is strong and getting the best recruits is easier for the strong.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't understand the love of conference that you get from SEC folk. There's a guy that works in our manufacturing plant that is a die-hard Georgia fan. Bulldog through and through. He was wearing an Alabama t-shirt today. I asked him if he lost a bet and he said "no...it's the SEC, man."

Horses***. I'd just assume they blow the entire state of oklahoma off the map before I'll root for ou in anything. If they could clip a little of the panhandle and take Lubbock, too, that'd be fine with me. I guess if Baylor and/or TCU were playing last night, I'd root for them...but purely from the standpoint that they're from Texas.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You wouldn't it get it, brah. Go watch Baylor/WVU throw 16 TD's.

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

You don't see the disconnect there?

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would love to enjoy the SEC. The fans just make it impossible.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Don't really care about SEC, but when the beat ND like that, it is all good.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think it's years of playing and respect they have for one another...except for the Gators...most can't stand them...

Though wearing the shirt...that's odd either way...

20. sammy

Baylor would have played Alabama better than what we saw from ND last night. They were actually rolling themselves due to the defense playing at even an average level and the emergence of the beast that is Seastrunk. Baylor beat 3 ranked opponents in the last 4 games overall while taking out a #1. You're welcome, A&M and Bama fans. Klein would have won the Heisman and K State would have played in the title game if it wasn't for Baylor's video game offense.

1 person likes this.