1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 AFC South Champions - indianapolis colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This team is 14-6 over the last 2 years. It's time to admit that they aren't lucky anymore and they are now the real deal. They are no longer a fluke. And they will win the division this year. And probably for years to come.

It's not JUST because of their QB either. They seem to be making all the right moves and come to play EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY.

So it was a nice couple of years of division championships for us while they were quickly rebuilding, but they're pretty much finished now, so.....

PARTY OVER, OOOPS, OUT OF TIME

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This was all painfully clear to me during the Indy game at the end of last season. I knew this iteration of the team would never win anything. Bring on the Rockets.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Colts own the Texans in every way. Even when they were 2-14, one of their wins was against the Texans.

Dominated us for the entirety of our existence. We aren't even their rivals, on order to have a rivalry, the teams must be evenly matched when they play each other.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:mad: Man, you are the worst type of fan I know... already calling another team to win our division with only five weeks gone by... and they're yet to play them... you stink as a fan, if I can call you that, even. :rolleyes:

And you even post this under the TEXANS forum, not NFL forum, to boot. Nice, joto. :rolleyes: Get off the bandwagon.

1 person likes this.
  5. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yes....when you're a fan, you must think your team is the best all the time, Swoly.

Being a fan means being a fan even when your team isn't good. ima isn't going anywhere...it's not like he won't be rooting for the Texans.

I love the Astros...they're terrible. And it doesn't make me less of a fan to acknowledge that.

7. SwoLy-D

No. Not this early in the season... not when you're a so-called fan who has endured all these losing seasons... and then has the right talent, and still backs them up because they've made mistakes during the games that they know how to correct, but maybe it's the entire team and, albeit, more noticeable on the QB.
    This isn't the way to cheer your team on if you still consider yourself a fan. F#$(* the other teams... you don't need to talk about the other teams, much less in this forum... post this in the NFL forum... where there is real talk of other teams. If you want to cheer them on, start now and consider yourself THEIR fan.
    I know they're not good at all. I didn't say they weren't. Good fans don't disagree. If you think this thread doesn't make this dude less of a fan, where was your "congratulations Oakland A's" thread at the 20th game of the season? :confused:

8. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

We're the MLB equivalent of 56 games into the season.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

So frustrating to get San Antonio Spur'ed again. Tank one season to a get a 20+ year span of divisional dominance.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Shut up, Swoly.

2 people like this.
  11. SwoLy-D

^ Why, because I don't agree with you? Don't make me laugh. Open up a thread somewhere that I can't comment on it. Now you're mad because I'm calling you out as a fake fan?

I'm not like you. I won't stoop to your level.
    Mathematically, you're right... but I was looking at it from the "it's too mother effin' early to call it like that" point of view. :cool:

12. MadMax

Why do you feel the need to be a patrol guard so often for this website? Whether picking on grammar or placement of a thread or post....

I love the Houston Texans...I will root for them till I die or they move out of Houston. But they're not a good football team right now. They're playing make believe. They're 4-7 in their last 11 games. The competition in their division is passing them by, and they haven't given themselves much flexibility from a cap perspective. Yeah, I think the Colts are in all likelihood going to win the division, and I think that sucks. As a fan, that bothers me.

If you think that means I'm less of a fan because I feel that way, then I still don't care.

13. SwoLy-D

I am not a patrol guard... if I see something I think needs correction, I will point it out. So what if it's wrong forums or wrong spellings?
    Sure, it's LIKELY, so... where's your thread where you congratulate another team? You're not doing this, only fake fans like this dude do this just to spite people and to pour salt on open[ing] wounds. Do you see my point now?
    That's the entire problem. People don't care anymore. :( It's sad, really.

Have you NO HOPE, MadMax? If no, then we shouldn't even be discussing the Texans at all. :eek:

14. MadMax

He's not doing this to spite people or pour salt. He's doing it because he's disappointed...and we all deal with that differently. He's been a huge supporter.

Just chill with the whole internet safety patrol crap. It's tired.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i knew the colts weren't going away this year. what i didn't anticipate is a total collapse by Matt Schaub.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Disagree. Admitting the colts are gonna win the division says nothing about being a fan, because the colts are gonna win the division

Continuing to say everything is gonna be fine is not being a fan in my opinion. It shows you have no real emotional attachment to the texans. If you do, you would be pissed and admitting defeat.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

No way! Colts are just lucky! The luckiest team ever! A fluke team! They have no business winning the games they have! They're gonna regress to an 8 win team, the team they really are!

That's what more than a few said, ha.

18. MadMax

Raising my hand for this one. Guilty as charged. I thought they would regress, too. I felt like they were fortunate in tight games last year and pushed them to a couple of extra wins...and that not playing a last place schedule would facilitate them having a sophomore slump.

I was absolutely wrong. Good team with a very good young QB.

19. kingk

kingk Member

Why SwoLy? Guess he posts the truth. You cant handle the truth :grin:! The division now belongs to the Colts. Nfl is a QB league now. Luck is light years ahead of Schaub. So don't be mad cuz a fan questions the team. That's what's wrong with the media and your type of fans. Go listen to the Monday afternoon Kubiak postgame with the same redundant comments "Battling, In the Trenches, Its on Me..."

20. SwoLy-D

That's NOT this thread's opening statement. He's not questioning anything at all. He has made up his mind about rooting on and congratulating another team on an event that has not occurred.
    You don't tell me what to do, sir. :)