1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 14, 2010.

?

Al Jefferson?

1. Would

94 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Wouldn't

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

While I could probably stomach Boozer on the Jazz, I would have issues with some of our guys in Jazz unis.

2. tested911

tested911 Member

This is exactly how I feel. Boozer is a good player and the whole Cleveland drama was unfortunate.. But would you leave in order to get a 50% increase in pay? 40+ Mil vs 60+Mil? Hell F@#$@$ yeah i would and I would throw baby kittens out the window to do so (Ok maybe throwing baby kittens is extreme but damn 20+ Mil more to go to a different team can you fault the guy?)..It's not like he's a thug or who mad drama (drugs, beating his wife, illegal dog fighting, etc...)

3. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I for one remember Big Dogg Antoine Carr and Shandon Anderson playing here, and it was weird. That said, neither had been more than role players for the Jazz and certainly not as hated as Boozer is here.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Since we now know where Christy is going, i felt this should be bumped.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Getting these two with Biedrins(24 yr old center), would also make us championship contenders. Randolph also played SF, PF as well as center and he never b****ed about it. I know yall hate to see this come up again, but it makes alot of sense now.

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

humongous potential became overrated to me when i have had to pronounce my affection for potential guys like eddie griffin, v-span, stro show, gortat, magic lamp.

7. OvenproofBadger

Dude, this thread is garbage. You are really not understanding what these stars actually bring to a team. Call the girls or whatever, but there is a reason why they get the attention that they get. They are brilliant players, and i would happily give up 2 (maybe 3) players to get 1.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How do you call them brilliant when only one of them has a ring? :confused: Think about what i am proposing here. We have a contention ready team with Yao returning. This would be the equivalent of adding wood to the fire.

9. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Mike Miller/ Ray Allen

Which one of these guys should we go after, why? How could we get them? For the high expectation teams that miss out on the trio, they're prolly gonna end up overpaying for Ray and Mill, how much should we give? Or should we not go after either?

Remember, Boozer (eeww, yuk!) is still on the board...

Personally, I think Miller would be an absolute PERFECT backup for kmart.

BTW, I think DM did a great job of not panicking and offering the kitchen sink for Bosh, and keeping OUR stars (Kmart, AB0, Scola). I'm still really looking forward to next season, as we have Yao back too.

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Neither, we have Chase a younger more athletic version of them.

DD

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Brad Miller n Ray Allen those are the two we want. I would take Ray over Mike for a backup 2, deadly shooting on the yao kickout ahhh cant wait

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why? Let's not be silly, guys. The Rox roster is really good, one major stud short of elite. I anticipate DM the GM will identify and land that fellow by February deadline.

(I have my 'heart' set on Granger or Smith, maybe Horford. Not MM or RA.)

14. alcatrazpsycho

Danny Granger

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Agree with this, if something comes up then Morey is ready to pounce but the team as constructed is very good. Once the deadline roles around, Morey can go for the kill and take us to the next level.

16. alcatrazpsycho

Whoops, I deserved to be rookie-fied; Granger is the first name you mentioned!!

With the likes of Aaron Brooks, Shane Battier, and Patrick Patterson, Granger is a classy guy with a college degree (civil engineering of all majors!). Super-stud and can play defense.  My heart is set on him, man-crush, no apostrophes needed.  Maybe we could even pick up Troy Murphy as a backup center.

Keeping Scola and adding Granger >>>>> subtracting Scola and adding diva Bosh (thank goodness he's going to Mia!).

17. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

trade ariza,jeffries,anderson,houston2011 first round draft pick for granger

18. R=$

R=$ Member

We need a game changer! SPLASH!!! Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -14.0 ppg, -5.6 rpg, and +6.6 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Chris Paul
    6-1 PG from Wake Forest
    18.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 10.7 apg in 38.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Kevin Martin
    6-7 SG from Western Carolina
    19.8 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.2 minutes
    Jordan Hill
    6-9 PF from Arizona
    4.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Chase Budinger
    6-7 SF from Arizona
    8.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 20.1 minu

:eek: :grin: :eek:

19. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Richard Jefferson

What about signing Richard Jefferson as a free agent?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.