1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 14, 2010.

?

Al Jefferson?

1. Would

94 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Wouldn't

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would find it hilarious to see Boozer (or, any other ex-Jazzman) wearing a Rockets uniform and see reaction of home fans in Houston.

However, that hilarity and the not-insignificant talent different between Boozer and Scola isn't worth the likely price differential that the team has to pay Boozer (+ give the Jazz in a S&T) vs. retaining Scola at an RFA price (i.e. likely discounted).

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He will be offerred close to if not the max in Cleveland via sign and trade (if Lebron stays) or Chicago. So if Morey wants to compete with that then we will not upgrade the team enough to destroy our cap space for the next few years and rid our team of prospects IMO. Plus he plays for the Jazz...

3. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

pretty sure Chicago will go after him now...

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

no thanks...

i dont want what i left in the toilet this morning to play for my team...

5. koby1868

koby1868 Member

all very good points. i don't know what i was thinking. just hate to see the rockets sit back and not make moves. i was excited to see morey going after a superstar.... well a semi-superstar. I just want to be a contender. Aren't the lakers shopping Bynum around?

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

not sure if they are...but wouldnt want him either. He's shown significant signs of being prone to injuries. That's the last thing we need on this team

7. Raven

Raven Member

Horrible idea. He's not worth the money, and he's not worth the cap room. I put him in the same category as Amare, the anywhere but here category.

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

If the Rockets do a S&T with Utah for Boozer, then I hope Houston would get CJ Miles too.

9. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

boozer is a beast people. double double machine.

i know he played for utah people, but he is a beast. he can definitely help hold the fort down while yao recovers.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Nope. Seriously, the guy won't put us over the top and he is scared of tall guys like Pau Gasol so what's the point if the road to a championship goes through the Lakers?

11. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Even if Boozer would significantly help the team, it's a wash if we help out the Jazz in the process. I wouldn't do a S&T with any team that could remotely contend in the West.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is always injured.....he was out more than half a year with a hamstring injury.....

He picked it up during a contract year.......he is the typical "Me first" type of player.....and he is a product of the Utah system and a great young PG in DWill.

Pass.

DD

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

14. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Gotta love drama. He got the Jizzhole curse ppl. Never gonna win anything with this guy.

15. txtodd

txtodd Member

We haven't beaten them in the playoffs since '95. Doubt they consider us a main rival.

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He's played 74 games or more in 3 of the past 4 seasons -- that doesn't scream red flag as far as injury goes. Kevin Martin has been much more injury prone than him, yet we all praised that deal? I don't get it.

He would be the best perimeter shooting big we'd have, the best post passer AND the best rebounder on the team by a large margin. Yao is great at protecting the rim, but having Boozer next to him to clean up the the glass would be huge. He would also be perfect playing the high post in Adelman's system, as he can pass, shoot or take his man off the dribble.

A lot of people let their Jazz hate get in the way of noticing that Boozer is a very good player. Yes, he screwed over Cleveland and a lot of people hate him for that - so what? Steve Francis screwed over Vancouver yet we loved him for it at the time. Because the man wants to get paid, that makes him a selfish player? Wanting more money has nothing to do with what kind of player you are on the court -- too many people overlap these. They are completely separate issues.

Boozer would be a great fit on the Rockets -- a Chris Bosh-lite if you will. However, we have 0% chance of getting him since all we have is the MLE. Morey banked on these guys moving via SnTs, but so far he hasn't been able to even get a meeting with one player that will demand more than the MLE. (Surprising Bosh with an iPad and talking for 20minutes is not a meeting; Adelman having dinner with Brad Miller is.)

17. monster

monster Member

I'm happy to keep Scola over Boozer. Let's get us a 7 footer who can play some defense.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As an NBA fan, I think Boozer is pretty good.

As a Rockets fan, I think Boozer and Utah can go screw themselves.

Utah isn't going to do us any favors by doing a S&T for Boozer and I'm sure Morey won't be doing any favors for Utah either, even though I'm sure they're all drooling for Air Bud.

19. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

AGREED.

20. MadMax4life

MadMax4life Member

Boozer is not a good fit for us... I only see him as a replacement for something we already have... let the nets sign him to a max contract so they will suck for the next 5 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.