1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 All-Star Slam Dunk Contestants

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lovemachine2000, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Lovemachine2000

Personally, I want to see LeBron James (he ran his mouth, he'd better back it up), Shannon Brown, and Andre Iguodala (the competition owes him another chance, though I think Iggy vowed to not return after the disgraceful snub). Other fun candidates are DHoward, Josh Smith, and James White (someone sign this man!).

And apparently DeMar DeRozan and Eric Gordon are set to compete for the fourth spot in the All-Star slam dunk contest. DeRozan may be a good one, but Gordon? I hope he proves me wrong.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4827192

Last thing, if Nate Robinson is in the competition again, I will boycott the dunk contest for the next 5 years. I'll give the man his props, but the farce has got to stop.

Who do you guys want to see in this year's slam dunk competition?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Shannon Brown deserves to be there. LeBron James will add some buzz to the event, but I don't think he'll do so great and the complaining afterward should he win would be insufferable. I'd love to see Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala in it.

And I wish they would institute a rule where there can be no gimmick dunks (no props, costumes, or teammate help).

3. Lovemachine2000

I think LBJ will pull out some impressive stuff if he joins the competition. I mean, his raw athletic ability is undeniable.

And I think some of the "gimmick" dunks were pretty fun, such as the Gerald Green cupcake dunk, DHoward's sticker dunk, heck, even his superman dunk/layup was impressive for me. Nate Robinson and his crappy showmanship killed it for me though. The stupid kryptonite costume, and dunking over Spud Webb??

Can admin please fuse this thread and the other dunk contest thread together? Thanks.

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

James white representing for all the free agents out there.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Iguodala again, I feel he was robed here in Houston in the 2006 Slam dunk contest.....

PS. I'm also tired of Nate, we get it!, his 5'9 and can dunk....:rolleyes:

--RB

6. thino

thino Contributing Member

7. sw847

sw847 Member

IF LBJ joined the dunk contest, i am putting my money on that he will win it. Not because he is a great dunker, but just because everyone in the NBA office and media seems to be sucking on his balls. Hope iggy does not join it this year, cause I reckon he would robbed by LBJ.

8. Francis 4 ever

I really hope it isnt as staged and gimmicky as last years. Chances are it will be even more so.

Who was the guy that yakked it on Fisher? Corey Brewer?

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Didn't Andre Igoudala say he would never participate in the dunk contest again because he felt like he got robbed against Nate Robinson?

10. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

in terms of creativity AI aint got much... but the man is athletic

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Did you miss the dunk contest he participated in? He was very creative.

12. AggieRocketsFan

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_91G8-MOTc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_91G8-MOTc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

The cupcake dunk was a decent gimmick, but everything afterwards like superman, krypto-nate, etc. is too much. There are still plenty of creative dunks out there, just ask the streetballers. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing another cartwheel dunk a la Michael Finley, but you know...good.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

No Dwight Howard or Nate Robinson this year please.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm assuming you are refering to a different AI

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I just wish they make it like they used to. 2 attempts and that's it. They just spoiled the fun with all the retakes. We already know what they are going to do, so why do it so many times?

Contestants- Lebron, Dwight, Smith and Iggy. We will see the first 2, and I doubt the final 2 would join again.

17. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

i wanna see jj redick...the fool has hops

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Shannon Brown, LeBron James, Demar DeRozan and James White. I just wish they would completely put in some random name like White. People will already want to see the competition, because of LeBron, but when White wins? Oh boy.

And the gimmick dunks are indeed fun. They add creativity to the dunks; not to take away from the Dominique/Jordan era of dunk contests, but the gimmicks are largely a part of why I watch the dunk contest.

19. Mr. Space City

2:08....someone should do that

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdpz0SyoWlU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdpz0SyoWlU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member