1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 All-Star Game vs Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuLiO-R-, Dec 27, 2009.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I really really really hate the NBA for this. The All-Star Game is Feb. 14...

So here's the deal...I bought tickets to the All-Star Game before I met the girl I'm with now. She found out I had tickets today, and go pretty upset since it should be our first V-Day together. So I told her I would just sell the tickets, and not go. Instead of letting me just sell the tickets, and have V-Day with her...she now told me that she would actually be pissed if I didn't go since I already made the plans.

So what can I do to make her happy? She'll be upset if I don't go, and when i do go...she'll still be upset. I'm in a lose/lose situation right now...

2. drumbum

drumbum Member

Find a ticket next to yours, or sell your ticket and buy two together.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Invite her man. I know a lot of girls who like basketball, trust me.

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

celebrate V-Day on a different day... cant be that hard and shouldnt be that big of a deal. it is a BS 'holiday'.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

uhh. f***ing dump this *****...

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Two options:

1. Send tickets to me, be with your girl on V-Day.
    2. Go to the game, but send me your girl's digits so I can be with her on V-Day.

7. JuLiO-R-

I do have an extra ticket for her, and when I ask her to go I get, "No, you planned it with your friends so just go..."

And I tried to celebrate it on a different day, but she gives me the sad voice...saying, "It's OK...it's only one day out of the year." She says it doesn't matter to her, but it's obvious that it's important to her...

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Damn, I hate those kinds of girls, no offense..

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Get into a fight about it. Break up with her on the 13th. Go to the game. Have makeup sex later.

10. JuLiO-R-

I think the fact that it came it a bad time makes her react this way. We weren't able to do anything together for Christmas, so she was still bummed over that when she found out about the game.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dude its a trick/mind game....she will be SUPER pissed if you go. She might feel bad if you sell the tix and spend it with her but inside that what she wants. You could score serious points by staying with her but I learned a long time ago even when they say go...they mean you better stay!!! Sucks bro but thats the issue with relationships but on the bright side you might make a nice profit out of it.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I hate how girls do that.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its called some ol' passive aggressive BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-****

Like they get about 10 seconds into a spiel before their inner b**** detector goes off so they retract their previous statement, then the b**** detector shuts off and goes back into self-pity passive aggressive mode.

I mean dump this b**** already.

14. sbyang

sbyang Member

Just put it off until later, who knows if you're still with her in Feb.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

this is a wise man.

listen to him.

HIT AND QUIT.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

this would be the "right" thing to do...but it really doesn't sound like she deserves it.

ditch the b****, go to the game, and have fun. SRSLY H, DO NOT MISS THE GAME BECAUSE OF HER. DO NOT.

17. drumbum

drumbum Member

This.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yea I agree, I was pointing out her mindset and what most women try to make you think. I would go to the game myself, those tix where bought a long time ago and planned well in advice. Unless you REALLY like this girl and are looking for "points" then stay but otherwise she will get over it but don't look for sympathy.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Think ahead down the line and what you would regret more: (1) Not going to the ASG or (2) making her angry. IMO, if she's worth a dime, going to the game will be a very small bump in the road. After you break up, not going to the ASG because of her will make you want to kick yourself.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't go to the game and she should be completely understanding of that.