1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The Quan Cosby debacle was one of most awkward sports moments I have ever witnessed. Why is he with Bill Cosby if they aren't related? Why did Bill Cosby go if he was going to act so surly? Why would they put a camera on a guy for 10 hours if he isn't going to be drafted?

I can't wait to read what Bill Simmons writes about this...truly an instant classic.

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

not sure how bill cosby got involved...but i'm thinking whoever quan's agent is was probably trying to use it as a way for him to get drafted. kind of like the whole MSU Hoyer QB thing that was going on. I kept thinking someone is gonna take him with one of these last picks, ESPN keeps talking about him...didnt happen, but I think it was attempt on both those agents parts to try what happened last year with that dude from army or navy that was drafted last. just put their face in front of a camera, talk em up and maybe someone drafts em.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I meant 5'8", my bad. But Quan is apparently going to sign with the Bengals, he apparently received an offer from the Texans though.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Where's Manny?? I wanna hear his takes on the Broncos draft.

My friends who are Broncos fans...and one especially....are pissed!!!!!

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I didn't understand that Moreno pick but oh well.....

6. MadMax

One of my friends said they knew their biggest need was DL. They had 10 picks, and they took exactly one defensive linemen. Despite being the worst defensive team in the league last season, they spent 6 of their 10 picks on the offensive side of the ball. And used that pick on Moreno after spending money on 3 new RB's in free agency!

He really wasn't thrilled that they passed on Orakpo to take ANOTHER RB.

7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

new denver coach is trying to cover his ass after the cutler debacle. needs offense to be good so at least when they suck this year it won't be because they traded away the franchise.

8. MadMax

and even some of the defensive guys they took were reaches...that macbath guy at safety was projected to go in the 4th round in a couple of different spots, as i understood it....they took him in the 2nd round. they say he's undersized and slower than he should be.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

All hail the mighty Darrius Heyward-Jablowme

10. Lil Pun

Maybe he'll surprise you. I remember thinking that same thing when the Eagles drafted DeSean Jackson because of his lack of size and needless to say I love the pick now.

11. Fatty FatBastard

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You wouldn't love it if the alternative were Michael Crabtree.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Crabtree is probably going to fit right in San Francisco, I kind of a get a "fruity" vibe from that guy.

14. Lil Pun

That's what I am saying, who knows now? How do you know that Crabtree is going to be spectacular? You don't. I wanted the Eagles to take Kelly or Sweed with that second round pick and together those two had a whopping 9 catches for 72 yards during the 2008 season.

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Y'know, I was initially critical of the Raiders' pick of Heyward-Bey, but now that I think about it, I don't really have a leg to stand on. After the 2003 NFL Draft, I was pissed that the Texans had to settle for Andre Johnson instead of drafting Charles Rogers, who I really, really wanted. And look how that turned out.

So, moes, maybe... just maybe... Heyward-Bey will turn out to be Andre Johnson, and Crabtree will turn out like Charles Rogers. Don't stop believing...

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He could be the next Jerry Rice, but they could have moved down and still got him without a doubt.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think the problem was nobody wanted to move up to 7.

I don't really "hate" the pick because we passed on Crabtree... no doubt the kid has talent but I see some warning signs of him not being mentally ready for the game.

I just think if BJ Raji is available, and you're the 31st ranked run defense in the NFL... you ****ing take BJ Raji.

Now if Raji turns out to be a bust, then I'll have to eat my words.

But the Mike Mitchell pick isn't as frustrating as I first thought. There were at least 2 other teams that were looking at him, and the Bears thought very highly of him.

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the Raiders won't live it down if Darius Heyward Bey is a bust cause Crabtree will be playing across the bay.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Really?

Yeah. Nobody has been talking about it at all.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not surprising since the 49ers and Raiders are totally irrelevant in todays NFL.

Maybe if one team gets up off the mat in the next 5 years.