1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2007 World Series thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by kaleidosky, Oct 24, 2007.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow...somebody outshined the Astros as far as getting swept in the WS. Thanks, Colorado! :D

For a bunch of hype about Colorado, this has to be the most disappointing WS I can remember given the outcome. I didn't watch any of it and I'm glad I didn't. I'm not sure I'm ready to blame the week layoff for Colorado. I just think the AL team was much better and it made for a weak series. Colorado's magic only works on crappy NL teams I guess.

#102 Surfguy, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Is anybody else really glad the Worldseries is over?? Now HOPEFULLY I don't have to listen to schytte about the yanks/sox on espn anymore. I hope the same would go for hockey as well.

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

so when is papelbon coming out of the closet?

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah. At least the Red Sox won and the Yankees are in peril. Now if New England would only lose a game.....

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're joking right? A-Rod opted out of his contract. That is the headline news until he signs somewhere. Even then, it will be another week's worth of news dissecting his contract.

7. tulexan

tulexan Member

Papelbon is happy. Josh Beckett has to join him in a Riverdance

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMl6NWjv5r0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMl6NWjv5r0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Joe Buck also lived up to his promise to Conan and said "jub jub" in a World Series broadcast (game 1)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW0QZfM5BqY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW0QZfM5BqY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry Chuck, but I don't have internet at home anymore. All of my posting is done during the week during workhours, heh.

Thanks Cat.:)

Enjoyed watching it - this Red Sox team I think was even better than the 2004 one. And with almost everyone coming back, they should be very good next season as well.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it turned around when everyone complained about ramirez looking at that home run. guess he can look at his ring.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Think they will ante up for Lowell? Or overpay for AROD? Myself, I'd resign Lowell and go after a young starter to replace Schilling (If he goes elsewhere).

11. Manny Ramirez

Hard to say as they have a philosophy of not giving long-term deals to players who are 35 or older. Of course, Lowell will be 34 at the start of next season, so he sits right on the fence. A buddy of mine who works down the hall thinks they will offer Lowell 2 years where he will want 4. Hopefully, they will be able to work something out. I will say, though, that if Lowell goes to the Yankees, he will be the ONLY ex-Red Sox that I would still love in a Yankees uniform as my hatred for Boggs, Clemens, and Damon reached new limits once I saw them in pinstripes, lol. Mike Lowell is too good of a human being to hate, even if it is because he is with the Yankees.

I don't really know about getting a young starter to replace Schilling since their rotation should be Beckett, Dice-K, Lester, Buchholz, and Wakefield (who they will most certainly bring back). If Clement, our Carl Pavano, can ever get healthy, he would be the depth for the rotation.

12. Manny Ramirez

Oh and I forgot to mention about A-Rod. I really don't want to see the guy in a Boston uniform. Yet Larry Lucchino has had a hard-on for him for a long time, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox make a run for him. If they wind up signing this clown, I still root for the Sox, but damn I won't like having A-Rod on my team.:(