1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2007 World Series thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by kaleidosky, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Yes, but they were totally shelled the game before despite a rested pitching staff.

The Rockies staff didn't have to face lineups teams like NYY, Boston, Cleve, LAL or Det regularly.

There were two decent offensive clubs in the NL, and one is there own club. Just look at the division they had (much of their win streak and ERA record built on), by far the weakest division offensively if not just inept once you got past Colorado. It is no big feat to keep the Dbacks to a 1 or 2 run game--and I say this as a fan of them.

I still wouldn't be surprised if it goes 6, but Boston is clearly the superior all around club, most profoundly in the starting pitching. It would take a monumental collapse of some great Boston pitchers to turn this thing aound.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The point was made that the Rockies pitched over their heads and it was now catching up with them. They've played 2 games in the WS. One game they got shelled. The next won the pitching kept them in the game and the bats didn't get it done.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think the Rockies will win one game, but that's about it...Too much momentum and too good of a line-up to face...

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Whats funny is that if this was pre-2004, everyone on here would be coming up with all the reasons the Sox Curse would make them choke the lead. Now everyone is talking about how it is over...Ive grown up with the whole curse thing and now it is just odd to not hear about it anymore.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

The curse has been reversed. Now there is a new one: the curse of A-Rod. Every team he played for got worse until he left. Every team he left got immediately better the following year.

The first year he joined the Yankees, Red Sox broke 86 years WS title drought and beat Yankees from 0-3 in ALCS, which hasn't been done before in baseball history. The next two years Yankees were out in ALDS 2-3 and 1-3. This year they even lost the division title for the first time in 9 years. This guy is a great player, but he just has some serious bad luck.

On the current WS, I confirmly believe Red Sox will sweep the Rockies. Red Sox is a much better team and they have the momentum. And unlike A-Rod, Ortiz and Manny are proven hitters in the playoffs.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

It sounds like the Boston fans are thick in Denver.

7. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

The Rockies are simply over matched. It was a good run while it lasted.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

an amazing run. I still would have liked to seen them play without that huge delay. Probably wouldnt have mattered and boston is a better team, but that rockies run i just felt was unstoppable.

9. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

There would have been at least a 3-4 day delay anyways because the Rockies swept and the Sox had to go to seven, but I still think it wouldn't have made that big of a difference. Colorado would have won one, maybe two games at most without the delay.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Kinda feels like that Astros run a couple years back except the Stros at least put up a fight in every game. The Rockies are just getting hammered.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

Rockies are coming back! 6:5 in 7th inning.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Fuentes = Rockies' Brad Lidge

13. lalala902102001

This series just shows you that the elite of the AL are just better than the best that the NL has to offer these days.

14. Major

Major Member

So did last year's dominance by St. Louis show that the NL's "elite" was better than the best of the AL last year?

15. lpbman

lpbman Member

Exactly... Colorado were playing like worldbeaters, and then they sat down for a week.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

*Fluke.....lol

I just hate St. Louis.

17. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

your face meet the backside of my hand :D

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

If the Sox dont have a Yankee style collapse, this would be two in four seasons. Im thinking dynasty...

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I still think the Rockies will win at least tonight. They might have won that game if it weren't for Fuentes puking it in the 7th. I hope they can at least avoid having Boston celebrate in Denver.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

how might they have won a game that they were down 6-5? fuentes gave up three more insurance runs to the Sox (in the 8th) but it wouldnt have mattered.

for that one moment though, when holliday hit the three run dinger, the game was exciting...for that one moment...