1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2006 World Cup Draw

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketFan007, Dec 6, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

USA got a tough group.

Mexico shouldn't have much of a problem except with Portugal, most likely them and Protugal will advance. On the other hand, there is always at least one African team that is a surprise in the World Cup, but I don't think Angola will be it (may be Ghana).

Should be fun...

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

USA's matches

12-Jun-06 Gelsenkirchen USA:Czech Republic
    17-Jun-06 Kaiserslautern Italy:USA
    22-Jun-06 Nuremberg Ghana:USA

In the round of 16 we will play either the winner (Brazil) or runner up of group F.

#102 DrLudicrous, Dec 9, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  3. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Ugggh, I was really hoping we could avoid the Czech Republic. Well, at least Italy is not an unbeatable seeded opponent. I wouldn't put it past them to underestimate the United States. I think the US still has a shot to qualify out of this group, but if they do it'll definitely come down to the last game...

4. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Damm, Holland (The Netherlands) is in the toughest group. The US is also in a tough one. It might one round and out this time but Italy is a noted choker and could be beaten.

5. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Is Ghana a tough team?

6. DrLudicrous

#106 DrLudicrous, Dec 9, 2005
  7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yes, they're not too shabby at all. I watch African tournments religiously, although this is definitely not the best group of teams to come out of Africa.

Last WC it was Senegal that surprised many and played great soccer. Back in the 1990s, Cameroon and Nigeria were always pretty darn good, but those glory days are over.

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I am thinking if the US can force a tie against Italy and Czech Republic then beat Ghana in the final group match, 5 points will be enough to get to the 2nd round.

9. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I think Ivory Coast is going to be the best of the African teams in this WC and possibly Tunisia who won the African's cup. Man I wish Nigeria made, I always loved watching them play. They have some great talents like Acocha, dude is absolutely sick.

10. DrLudicrous

I agree, we'd be very unlucky to not advance with 5 points and two draws and a win are very possible for this team.

The one good thing about having a group with tough teams is that they have to play each other also. I don't think any team in our group will have any easy games so it will be just as hard for everybody.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WTF????!?!?!?! Is it calling SwoLy-D out day in the CF bbs? WTF, f*ckers?? :D

Anyway... :) Thanks for that encouragement, everyone... :rolleyes:... viva MEXICO, cabrones...! :p

Check it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    or better yet:
    [​IMG]

Hmmm... I am thinking of my SICK DAYS already... 11th, 16th, 21st of June... etc., etc., ;)

DrLudicrous, yes, I still believe the U.S. can get past BRAZIL. :cool:
    bigtexxx, it will be a tough game. GO RED & GREEN! WTF M I saying? Go MEXICO!!!
    Stack24, how's about a friendly wager RIGHT NOW?

#111 SwoLy-D, Dec 9, 2005
  12. DrLudicrous

Ahh, the every fifth day bug. I hear it's going to be going around a lot during that month.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Did you see my response? It will be VERY easy to get past Brazil! Dig it!

Anyways... Mexico's group of death in '94 all ended in ONES, and EVERYONE in there had 4 points... 1d,1w,1l, with Mexico 3gf and 3ga ... who knows... the U.S. might do the same? VAMOS, STARS AND STRIPES! ;)

I like my country's chances.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Nope nope not calling you out at all....been a while that someone is passionate about their countries team and i am the same way about my team so it would be a good matchup not only becuase we know each other but just the fact that both our teams are good this year.

hmmm a wager can definently be in the works.

Our first game is against each other...nice nice.

15. DrLudicrous

Mexico should advance easily. And they'll be rewarded with a game against either Argentina or Holland. ;)

And of course the US can beat Brazil. At least if all of their starters get suspended or come down with the flu.

16. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The worst thing about America's group is that even if they manage to get out, they'd probably be the 2nd team since both Czech and Italy are probably better. Thus they'd be forced to play Group F's top team which in this case would be Brazil.

Good luck to the US but this is going to be much much harder than last time.

17. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

The good thing is if USA somehow wins the group (which is possible if they beat the Czechs), then they'll have some pretty manageable matchups in the quarterfinals and semifinals and won't have to face brazil hypothetically until the very end.

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i know you used to watch that cartoon called captain majid

no one understood it, but that guy waas awesome.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:eek: Oh man...... :D

[​IMG]

There were many shows like that that I would watch, but had no idea what was going on as a kid.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

what about bionic six?

remember them?

ive been trying to dload just ONE episode... just for old times sake,. freakin no where online tho.