1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2003 NCAA football predictions

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rocketfan83, Aug 29, 2003.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I thought since the college football season offically kicks off this weekend, that is time for everybody to make some predictions. Here are some off the top of my head....

ACC Champ- Virginia

Big 12- Kansas State

Big East- Miami

Big Ten- Michigan

Pac 10- USC

SEC- Auburn

NCAA title game- Miami over Kansas State

Heisman- Ell Roberson

Upset of the year- Washington over the Ohio State
    Best player in the country= Sean Taylor

2. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Notre Dame wins it all!!!!!

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The University of Texas at Austin will win the National Championship this year, and I will get arrested after a weeklong celebration.

4. P. Moon

P. Moon Member

ACC Champ- Virginia (17 starters coming back)

Big 12- Oklahoma (defense should be best in country)

Big East- V. Tech (16 starters back; Randall vs. Vick will be fun)

Big Ten- Ohio State (can't go against the defending champs)

Pac 10- Washington (game w/ USC to decide championship at home)

SEC- Auburn (very good team, but I'm not on their nat'l champ. bandwagon)

NCAA title game- Oklahoma over Virginia Tech

5. P. Moon

P. Moon Member

I hear February is a terrible month to get arrested! ;)

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I like how you think.

I DON"T like how you think.:D

I feel it is really too early to make any predictions, but I will say this: Auburn will lose to USC tomorrow even though the game is at Auburn. The Tigers are the most overrated team right now.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Baytown in the Hizzel fo shizzel

8. P. Moon

P. Moon Member

Manny, Miami could very well beat VT and find themselves in the championship game. :) However, Auburn is going to smoke USC tomorrow, even though they are overrated!

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

ACC Champ- NC State

Big 12- Oklahoma

Big East- Miami/Va Tech (each with one loss in conference I don't know how their tie breakers work)

Big Ten- Ohio State

Pac 10- Washington

SEC- Auburn

NCAA title game- Oklahoma over Ohio State

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I predict UT will defeat OU and win the Big 12 South, but will be upset by KSU in the Big 12 title game.

[​IMG]

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I agree with P Moon. With a few execptions.

Big 12- Winner of the Texas/OU game. (Pretty much a "pick 'em" right now and KState didn't impress me last weekend)

Big East- Miami

NCAA title game- Miami over Ohio State. Both of these teams should be undefeated at season's end thanks to not having a conference championship game to worry about. :rolleyes:

This would all be so much different if we could just have a freakin' playoff!!! :mad:

13. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Relax on your title game. Ohio State is playing 2 top 20 teams in non-conference games (Washington and NC State) so I'd put OSU's schedule against anyone's including the Big 12's or SEC's championship teams who play the extra game.

The title game is done by the conferences to make money not to make sure the best team goes to the BCS.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well instead of wasting a thread on the Canes like some Cowboy fans like to do about their team:rolleyes: :D , I figure this thread is as good as any to talk about last night's game.

I was happy that the game was on TV but not happy that it was on last night since I had class.:rolleyes: However, I taped it and I plan on watching it tonight. I did see enough of the highlights to make a couple of comments:

1) Brock Berlin will be good once he settles down. Hopefully, he will play better against Florida but I was a little disappointed that he only went 14 for 28 and threw 1 INT and 3 should have been INTs. However, in his defense, it was the kid's first game in over 2 years and he was playing in his hometown, so I'll cut him some slack.

2) Gore looked okay but from what I have seen so far, he didn't look as explosive as he did when he was a freshman. Yet, he still averaged 5.6 ypc so he must have broke off some good runs in the 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter.

3) Ryan Moore will be, when it is all said and done, the best WR that the University of Miami has ever produced. Better than Andre Johnson, Lamar Thomas, Santana Moss, Michael Irvin, Brian Blades, Eddie Brown, you name it. He is a special player.

4) Miami's defense, I feel, will be better this season compared to last, especially against the run which is weird to say considering they lost their entire DL. However, Willfork and Orien Harris are loads in the middle of the line and the Williams boys are fast and strong at outside LB. This doesn't even take into account Vilma, who is banged up right now, or McIntosh. The only thing that I can see happening is that the secondary gets cocky and loses their edge in being the #1 rated pass defense in the country. That happened a couple of times last night as La Tech completed 2 long passes, but it is still August, so it is better for that stuff to happen now then in January.

I feel that Miami still has enough talent to get to the Sugar Bowl and win it, but I am not convinced that they can go through their schedule undefeated, at least not now.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm not ripping on OSU or their schedule. Clearly they are the team to beat until further notice.

I just think in a perfect world, all conferences would either have a title game or not have a title game. Or better yet, just have a playoff.

Since the Big 12 came into existence, we've seen Nebraska (beaten by Texas), KState (beaten by A&M) and possibly Texas (beaten by Colorado) all lose a shot at the title game because of the championship game. It just doesn't seem fair.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

UH in a shocker.

17. drapg

drapg Member

Sadly, this scenario would not surprise me one bit.

18. Major

Major Member

Since the Big 12 came into existence, we've seen Nebraska (beaten by Texas), KState (beaten by A&M) and possibly Texas (beaten by Colorado) all lose a shot at the title game because of the championship game. It just doesn't seem fair.

We've also seen Texas and Colorado nearly have a shot at the national title *because* of the title game. Oregon in 2001 would have loved to have had a Pac-10 title game - it would have given them an additional quality win that likely would have put them in the national title game.

19. mduke

mduke Member

1. Auburn is the most overrated team on the face of the earth. Yeah they have good RB depth...but what team plays 4 RBs at once?

2. It wouldn't surprise me to see Missouri win the Big 12 North. K-State's D is weaker than Mack Brown in mid October.

3. OU will lose 2 games. And one of them will be to either Alabama or Texas.

4. Tennesse or LSU will win the SEC.

Mduke's bold predictions....
    - Donte Nicholson will be the best OU defender
    - The Big 12 will have a representative in the title game, but won't win it.
    - 63-14.:p

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

UNT SHOCKS THE WORLD!!!!!

:D