1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

This free agency sucks.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. brosef

brosef Member

You suck.

rocketman84 likes this.
  3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Against the Rockets, Iggy is a liability because he cant shoot. Houston doesn't shoot the 3 as well as GS but they cant generate the number of open 3s that Houston can.

The reason is that the current GS roster almost always has a non shooter on the floor. Having 2 non shooters on the floor together allows teams to stay on Thompson, Curry and Durant.

Houston is able to generate many more open 3s than GS because we can keep 4 or 5 shooters on the floor.

As others have always pointed out, the loss of Luc was a bigger effect on us than Iggy was to GS. People keep thinking that this is 4 years ago and Iggy is some big defensive stopper. He cant stop Harden or Paul and regardless, we can always set a pick and get a switch anytime we want.

If Iggy had played we would have backed off him and dared him to shoot just like we did with Green.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Amin Elhassan on LeBatard this morning saying this CuffsTheLegend guy doesn’t actually know anything, basically a LeBron superfan that managed to get a shoutout.

:confused:

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Bruh Lebron isnt coming you need to get over it.

6. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

So is there a scenario where CP3 takes less then a max (I think that’s his market outside of LA simply due to age and injury history), let Clint walk, stretch Anderson, cut/trade Nene, and fill empty roster spots with 3-4 rookie contracts where we can create space to sign Deandre if he’s willing to accept a pay cut to come home?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ramona still thinks it’s happening...at least Friday, aka opt-in day, is almost here

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yes, there's always been an option where you renounce everyone (including CP3) and get rid of Anderson via trade or stretch.

That creates something like $55m in cap space that you'd need to resign Paul and another FA.

Under that scenario you don't have Bird rights on Paul so he and the other max guy have to take healthy payouts.

You'd also lose Luc, Capela and Ariza. You'd have no exceptions either and woul only be able to sign min guys.

That's pretty severe. You probably don't even go that route for Lebron (there's better ways) but you certainly don't do it for DeAndre Jordan.

DonKnock and Ryan_Success like this.
  9. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

and pretty good at it too. I promised I wouldn't say anything. It came up natural so ...

You jealous?

10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

In the first couple games, the lineup we destroyed the hardest was the Hamptons 5.

We made a mockery of that lineup.

Their 5-game series Iggy fantasies are nothing more than ego-salving after they lost that series to us.

Plowman, heypartner and HP3 like this.
  11. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

Agreed

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

That whole "Iggy is a critical piece to our success, he's our defensive stopper" thing was started just before the WCF because the Warriors needed an excuse handy in case we won the series. If it had been Livingston or David West instead of Iggy, you'd have been hearing a slightly different version of the same song.

I've never seen such a talented team line up excuses in advance like GS did this year.

13. alethios

alethios Member

Bruh, you need to remember once we re-sign CP3 and Capela, we're still a championship-caliber team. Let's keep what we got and roll with that.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

I think he's still so very happy about how good "you suck" was...
    But I'm sure once he's see this comment... man, gonna have to think about how he approaches insults.

I'm cool with that. I believe in our team. It's just....I dont want anyone else to get better and form any more super teams. Namely the Lakers.

Bobsputin likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh wait dont forget the "Curry was injured" one thats my favorite.

16. esketit

esketit Member

Ramona is breaking news harder than she is breaking plumbing:eek:

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

That’s a big ole broad outcheaaa

18. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

Ramona and Windhorst should just have a baby and get it over with.

BigMaloe, everyday eddie, adw and 2 others like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guess they aren't optimistic about keeping Tyreke. Remember when they sat him out and then didn't trade him? Good times Memphis.

Deuce, DonKnock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If we can add Reke for cheap, that would be awesome. Probably all dependent on EG staying with us.

Maybe he will ring chase...