1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Father time is undefeated and there's never been a top 10 player in the NBA at age 36 in the history of the league. Even if Lebron becomes the first, it's not like he's going to be a top player at 38. Even the most optimistic person should be able to admit that at best Lebron has 4 years left as a #1 option....and most would think he has less than that.

luckyman76 and steddinotayto like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty clear you are out of ideas when this is your response to what has been said lmao

Reeko likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, not buying. The man is TheMan and I won’t diminish his accomplishments with a ‘it’s just the East’.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This is what I’m worried about. Father Time doesn’t play favorites, and CP is much more injury prone than Lebron

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This one vs one comparison is meaningless because of the way both teams play. Capela is a distraction for Draymond but not an offensive factor.

Harden may be Steph's equal (or superior) but when Lebron or CP3 have the ball in their hands Harden might as well just stay back in transition defense because he won't do anything. If anyone else on the Warriors has the ball in their hands Steph is running around creating easy offense.

The Rockets with Lebron can absolutely beat the Warriors. The idea that it would be a sure thing is ridiculous.

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that the Lakers are getting every player in the NBA this offseason wasn't my idea, but I've warmed to it.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

his 3-6 record in the finals diminishes it. If it wasn't for playing in the joke that is the East, they lose in the WCF 6 of those times. He got a free ride to the finals for nearly a decade straight due to the conference he played in.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Bronny devouring Eastern Conference cupcakes means nothing in the West. Obviously, the current trash-eating, basement-dwelling Lakers would be far more competitive, but we have no idea how well a 34-year-old LeBron-led team will do with a historically difficult Western Conference. The brutal regular season alone will be a test.

9. justtxyank

If they are smart they would just make sure they have solid ball handlers and keep Lebron under 35 minutes, give him maintenance games, etc. and not worry about the regular season record. Get into the playoffs healthy and the Lakers team would be guaranteed to get to the 2nd round. WCF would be about how the standings shaped up.

10. rockets13champs

Front office most important for me in my desicion

11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

He's definitely leaving OKC then.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. justtxyank

These guys say some of the most ridiculous stuff. Laughable how they won't be honest.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Do they now give out championship rings for finishing 2nd every year? I agree that LeBron's Lakers would be competitive, but there's a huge difference between competitive and winning championships.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Honestly, even with Lebron and PG, they would not get past GS or Houston. The Cavs almost got swept by GS even with Kyrie on the team. This year we were even with Golden State.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets' Tuckwagon lineup outplayed the Warriors' Hampton 5 without LeBron in their series. Now, let's imagine it contains Paul-Harden-LeBron-Ariza (or a healthy Luc) and Tucker. You seriously are going to tell me that they wouldn't still outplay Curry-Thompson-Iguodala-Durant and Green? If so, you are crazy.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's coming here then...lulz

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Every time Windhorst describes the "environment" for which LeBron would thrive (roster composition), it pretty much reads exactly like the ROCKETS roster. A roster that is BUILT. Yet, it is amazing how dismissive Windhorst is of the Rockets. Windhorst talks about building a Lakers roster up, and here we have the Rockets roster.

NOW, that could be that he has little faith in Morey making the "#NewMath" work, but I would rather he just say "I don't think Houston can get the math to work BUT their roster is tailor made for Lebron." Unfortunately he never says that.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe it's still the leverage game in full force cause the Cavs have no interest in a sign & trade...i mean, why he didn't opt out yet if he's already a Laker?
    i guess i'm trying to cling to something lol

19. Ratman

Ratman Member

Best selling jersey of all time?

jnuge90 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Breaking on First Take:

Per Woj, Ramona, Windhorst: Pressure mounting on the Lakers to execute a trade for Kawhi as concern about LeBron or Paul George signing grows ... Lakers want this done before LeBron is faced with becoming a FA Friday. Paul George is no longer assured of signing with the Lakers.