1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Impression of Harden and Westbrook Sharing the Court Together

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 16, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looked better than I expected.

Westbrook was super unselfish, if anything, it was Harden that shot them back into the game but whatever, most nights he's going to play a lot better and hit more shots.

Actually loved Westbrook tonight and in the 4th he was about to carry the team and MDA was like "Nah..."

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

My feelings exactly. you can tell that the role players are confused on which style to play

fattz likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

My goodness russ is a warrior with endless motor out there. The guy almost willed us to a win.If this is still being rusty wow it’s going to fun when he is in full game shape.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking, fattz and 3 others like this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

His stat line looks good, but he didn't seem to impact the game much. Like you say, he didn't get the minutes he may have deserved and Lopez looked dominant.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

5 offensive fouls??????
    Rocket River

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Magic:

Westbrook is fantastic on his own. Harden is fantastic on his own. It's a bigger adjustment for Westbrook than Harden.

My problem with them is the team. Are they a championship team? To me, they're not. You have to play defense. They're not a very good defensive team. They'll be a great offensive team. They'll make the playoffs but think about Portland, Denver, Clippers, Lakers, Spurs, sleeping on Utah...in the West, someone good isn't gonna make it.

He's (Harden) almost like Kershaw for our team. You want him to win a championship one day. Dominate the regular season and want them to dominate the playoffs too and win the World Series. I want that for Clayton so bad. He's gotta win a World Series because then his career is sealed. Same for Harden. Will he be able to win a NBA championship or just dominate & be a great scorer?

D-rock likes this.
  7. ballgame

ballgame Member

PEOPLE,

I actually liked the Duo of Westbrook and Harden better than I thought BUT, UNTIL WE GET A PF WHO CAN SCORE ALL WE'RE DOING IS HOPING FOR A TITLE, NOT CONTENDING!

Last night proved it. We have NO ONE with length that can score.....everything is based on OUTSIDE SHOOTING and it's hit or miss. The Bucs had a Center and a PF that could score inside, when their outside shots were not falling and that kept them in the game and ultimately won them the game.

bmelo, smp, amaru and 1 other person like this.
  8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Amazing that this is the same franchise that had Moses Malone, Elvin Hayes, Hakeem, and Yao. All big men that could get it done. Now we shy away from a scoring big man with the exception of a opportunistic in the right place Garbage collector in Clint Capela.

amaru likes this.
  9. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

4 or 5, idk where to find the stat for it, but whatever it was, it was alot. Took away at least 2 3pt stepbacks. He was clearly hesitant to play his normal game. Unsure with how the refs were calling the game, he facilitated more.

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Westbrook's energy is so contagious in terms of getting the crowd riled up. Our home crowds are going to be a lot better when Westbrook is making plays on the court.

I love it when Westbrook dunks the ball, it's like he's angry at the basket.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and smp like this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And Westbrook's one man fast breaks will be a lot more effective now that he's surrounded by good shooters

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think we need more scoring, we need both perimeter and interior defenders

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Played better than James. Defense was bad. But so was the teams.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Saw this great attempt at lip reading regarding one of Harden and westbrook's animated discussions during the game. =P

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Funny and I don't think I've ever seen Harden that animated with anyone, ever. That's his boo.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he just quietly does his job, he isn't flashy so you won't notice him most nights

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of when Michael Bolton collaborated with Kenny G for a track.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade 1:

BOS receives Capela, Hartenstein, Clark

ORL receives Smart, Langford, McLemore, BOS SRP, HOU FRP

HOU receives AGordon, Robert Williams, Wes Iwundu

Trade 2:

MEM receives Nene, filler, HOU SRP

HOU receives Josh Jackson, Bruno Caboclo

SIGN Lance Thomas

Rockets Roster

Brodie/Rivers
    Beard/EGo/ Jackson
    Lance Thomas/Iwundu/Thabo
    AG/Tucker/Bruno
    RWilliams/Tyson

AG, Tucker and Bruno can also play mins at 5. The 2 open spots can be used for buyout players and/or cap space.