1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Impression of Harden and Westbrook Sharing the Court Together

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 16, 2019.

1. HardLin

HardLin Member

Loved Westbrook's energy, whatever issues we had closing were not on him.
    I'm very encouraged by what I saw tonight. Harden and Westbrook will coexist fine.
    Closing out the game we don't need Harden and Westbrook and Gordon on the floor when we're getting beat by size and no one can make a 3.

D-rock, Dgn1, REEKO_HTOWN and 3 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Milwaukee is a complete team they can play any style THAT is what a contender looks like, we are not a contender, we are a short team that wins 50 in the regular season, but no threat in the playoffs.

DD

Little Bit, J Sizzle and KelvinCato13 like this.
  3. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Rockets don't have best guard rotation in the league. Portland does. Ask Harden and Westbrook what is like to play against Portland in the playoffs.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So you want more length for shooting more damn 3s?... C'mon DD.. I was with you for a sec..

5. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Ilysova would be great for Rockets. Someone like Okur used to be.

6. Nook

Nook Member

No, the Rockets have the best guard rotation in the NBA. Portland isn’t even second, GS is when healthy.

Harden/Westbrook/Gordon/Rivers/McLemore is as good as it gets.

The problem is at the other 3 spots on the floor

D-rock, arno_ed and napalm06 like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Milwaukee played the same style as Houston last year.

They played it again tonight.

Paint-midrange-3 FGA:

43-10-46 to 35-7-47 for Houston

They finished way better at the rim.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

h
    I agree....

we sorely need a 3/4...

woulda helped to even have had nene of last year for ten minutes.

even on harden's off nights, he still garners so much attention which gives other ppl a chance to score....they need to hit those open shots.

I would hate to see Gordon go, but he's still probably our best trade chip. I don't think house is going to get it done as a starter....we don't need 3 stud guards....its best to trade EG for a forward, and let clemmons take his minutes.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have to have them be able to shoot 3’s, the entire system is based on that. They don’t have to be great at it, but good enough to not let their defender stay too far off them.

Someone like James Johnson would be a perfect fit defensively and shoots just well enough to keep defenders from sagging.

Someone like Justise Winslow would be perfect at the 3/4. He is a very good defender that can hit 3’s and score a little inside. He has an adequate wingspan as well at 6’11”.

Defensively Johnson is perfect with a 7’4” wingspan, very wirey strong and quick enough to switch when needed.

Capela isn’t the answer and Tucker should be coming off the bench.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I think Clint is the one that ultimately is dealt for a swing 4 and possibly a back up traditional 5....

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are losing to Milwaukee because they have a 4/5 rotation that is superior to the Rockets for the type of game both the Rockets and Bucks play.

We have a 5 that isn’t able to shoot outside and needs a really strong 4 next to him to thrive. We have an undersized 4 that has a soft 5 next to him.... even a bigger problem with Westbrook.

The issue isn’t the system... it is part of roster.

D-rock, RichieBanks and SamFisher like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Clint peaked when he sent KAT off in tears and clowned Gobert into the ground in 2018 playoffs.

It's been downhill plus orange hair dye since.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I understand it's the system.. But we've been doing this for 5 damn years... I just wish we'd run some real schematic plays 30% of the time.. When we get a big lead, how bout posting Harden and make the defense react? I think he's our best post player by a mile....Slow down the offense in that situation.... Draw some damn fouls.. Have a damn Plan B even when we're winning...

Nook likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t mind having a plan B, and don’t mind Harden or even Westbrook posting up from time to time or House driving.... but to get the proper spacing it needs a 4 and 5 that are a threat to stretch the defense.

Right now the pieces don’t fit and having shooting at the 4-5 is even more important with Westbrook now playing 35 minutes a night.

D-rock likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Did Capela play tonight? The Rockets look untalented. They simply don't have enough good players. Going to be a long season. Or, they will eventually jell into something decent and compete at a high level. Right now they look really pedestrian.

16. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

all in all I actually liked what I seen in the first game Harden and Gordon had off nights so we are fine

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

?????

18. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Assuming they both play 34 min a game, they should be on the court together for no more than 15 min.

I'm curious to see which 4 end up complimenting Harden as opposed to which 4 best suit Westbrook.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

13pts 12rebs 3blks 1stl and shafted by D'Antoni that wanted to play small ball instead of matching Brook Lopez up

solid likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol

MorningZippo likes this.