1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1st Ever - Clutchfan Gaming League :)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheeno, Nov 16, 2010.

1. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

Well, if you guys are curious as to what the email is...

Remember maybe a couple of weeks back I had posted something in the BBS section of the forums on gaming? Well, it's something I wanted to ask him and I know I promised to tell everyone what it is. So... here it is:

As many of you know, there are many games that have been released this year: Starcraft II, Black Ops, NBA 2k11, etc. I want to know if members of this forum are interested in having a tournament for gamers on this forum. Now, this does not exclude members who do not play games. Anybody who is interested can join.

Now, you might ask as to why we should, and I have figured that maybe if we have a tournament we could have a participation fee of, let's say, 10 bucks.

Ten bucks? that sounds like a lot and why would I enter a tournament for 10 bucks? Well, since the holiday season is coming, why don't we show our appreciation for Clutch and the crew for their dedication to keeping this forum running for all its members and hard work they do, even though they have their own personal lives.

Each Category will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. The Categories include: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and of course PC. The prizes, which have not been decided upon yet, should be decided upon by the Clutchfans members and participants in the tournaments. Depending on how many people are willing to participate in the tournament will determine how good the prize will be. All remainder of the tournament fees will be donated to the Clutchfans Tipjar.

Seeing as how this is the holiday season and many people may have time during the holidays, why not do something where everyone in the forum can be involved in, since in fact we are a family on this board? I see day in and day out how every member of this forum helps each other out, whether one needs advice, one asks for prayers... hell, even when they are at each other necks debating about what the Rockets organization should do with this team. No matter what, at the end of the day we are all Clutchfans' members.

That is why I decided to post this and get everyone's feedback on this.

So... members of this board: let me hear your feedback!

Flame me or love me show me what you think.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dont play any of those games i only play halo but i MIGHT start playing black ops and would join this gamer league

3. cheeno

have not decided on which games are in the tournament yet because i dont know whats the majority of the gamers on here play which games.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

My OCD and inner software developer detects and opening bracket ([), but no closing bracket (]) in your topic.

Fix it before I go insane! Thanks in advance.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm not entering a tournament I know I'd lose (StarCraft) if it costs $10. I'd enter for fun only.

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

I'm really hoping you have a Super Smash Bros. Tourney.

Also some old school games.

Anyone up for a Pokemon Battle?

7. cheeno

wish i could but im still waiting for my status, the tournament is for fun, but it costs $10 :grin: just kidding. The games have not been decided yet for each category thats why im hoping people are interested in this so we can start setting up for it.

8. cheeno

bump, nobody else?

9. arjun

arjun Member

i'll enter 2k11 if its NOT for money

10. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

I second this. Smash Bros N64 baby!

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Probably won't. Of the games mentioned, I'm boycotting 2, and probably should have boycotted the 3rd.

Probably won't bother with any multiplayer games for a while. I'll pwn everybody at a Heavy Rain tournament though.

JAY-SUHN!

12. Htown's2kFinest

2k11 all the way.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm sure if there was a cod/halo tournament everyone would be down.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I was down, up until I saw the $10 fee.

15. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

count me in for any SC2 and black ops tourneys :grin:

16. Franchize

Franchize Member

same here.
    Whats up with the fee?

17. cheeno

I thought the tournament would be interesting if there were prizes in it but I guess we can just have one just for fun

18. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

In for SC2 if its only for fun.

SSFIV anyone?

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I think $5 would be a bit more reasonable.

20. cheeno

it just depends on who wants to be in it i see a thread about black ops thats 6 pages long but this thread is almost dead i guess nobody is interested.