1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1960 and Cypresswood]Blue Light Cemetery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Landlord Landry, May 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Landlord Landry

Has anyone ever been? supposedly haunted. I dont believe in ghosts or spirits or any paranormal junk but Ive heard this place is pretty creepy. I thought about checking it out as a novelty.

Apparently this place has been the subject of a few TV shows.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We'd get f'd up and go out there sometimes when I was in high school(Spring).

We were out there a couple times and saw some pretty creepy ****, but it probably had more to do with the hallucinogens we were on.

3. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

I grew up in Spring and have been to that graveyard multiple times. Mostly walking trough to get down to Cypress Creek. I have never experienced anything "Supernatural" but I have heard the same myth about that grave site. The neighborhood behind has developed a large detention pond next to it and it's been opened up a lot. I would try the abandoned orphanage next to NASA for a good scare. That place IS haunted.:grin:

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

never heard about this place, but i grew up in humble and there are a few old abandoned cemeteries around - there must be a bunch of them scattered along the 1960 corridor. one down the road from humble high school that had graves from around the 20's-30's and another, creepy one in the woods near the railroad tracks east of 59 and just north of 1960 - it was supposedly a freedmans cemetery and some of those went back to the 1880's. dont know if it was haunted, but it was creepy as hell. most of the graves had been descrated, there were pentagrams around and what looked like a cave entrance, all grown over. supposedly satanists did black masses out there.

up until the 1930's humble was actually bigger than houston - it was a booming oil town and there are lots of remnants of that era out there - back in the woods behind moonshine hill are a bunch of man-made lakes from quarries or drilling or something - all kinds of abandoned equipment. its creepy - we used to swim out there.

5. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D5Cf9VUdGm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Poloshirtbandit

When I read Humble in your post, the only thing I could think of was this:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6149385

7. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

I live near there, I believe the small little roads that goes along it is called Patterson road?

8. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/irvkGHKBC5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ghosts, spirits or whatever you want to call them are real. Here's what I saw, don't want to retype:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=2050353&postcount=19

(from 2005)

A few other things happened after I posted that, like a man whispering to my wife 'Don't get out of bed, you need to sleep' when she was pregnant.

10. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Galveston is just a pretty haunted place. Think about all the people who died tragically through the hurricane/flood, and how dense and concentrated the population was. I'm grew up in an apartment in Galveston and strange noises in the night like footsteps and faint whispers were a regular occurrance.

12. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Two friends of mine and I went out to this cemetery trying to catch something that would trip us out. We decided not to drink, nor smoke before going, so we if anything did happen we wouldn't doubt it the next day.

We got there around 2 am, armed with flashlights and our dignities. Snooper around the graves reading some, we came up to a grave in which my friend had found an ice cold Monster Energy can, it was full and not opened. My friend popped it open and said "this is for you Sam" (name on the grave) and started to chug it, he then offered some to us and we had sip then poured the rest on his grave. We stood there glued to the grave and didn't say anything for about a minute. Right as we started to walk away my friend busted his ass (the one who opened and poured the can) he stood up and took off hysterically. He told us he was shoved and swore up and down on it, nothing else happened that night but I had never seen my friend so scared and just freaked out lol (laughin hard as I type this ****)

That same night we went out to Patterson road which connects Eldridge and highway 6. People told us to drive out to the third bridge park on it and turn off the lights and we would feel or hear something hitting the car. We heard what sounded like screams and moans but no hitting.

CF let's go ghost hunting, anyone eh eh?

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Definitely gonna check it out...while I'm ****ed up. :)

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wouldn't go to a graveyard and mess with their graves. Angry spirits follow you around like a quiji board,

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've done the Patterson road thing. You stop there and turn off your headlights. Its really dark...

16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

My experience too. That was about 15 years ago...damn time flies. I can't believe the story lives on. I wonder when it got started.

1 person likes this.
  17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Are you talking about Tater Cemetery on Cypresswood just past the golf course?

18. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

The ice cold monster energy drink? you mean you guys found it in the grave yard?

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

too true, about 12 years ago for me.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

A few years back one night at like 2 a.m. their was a flash flood warning and it it was pouring down real hard and the street lights went out so it was nearly pitch black outside. My brother, his friend and I were hanging out in his room upstairs and I decided to look out the window at the rain and I saw what I believe to be a ghost in front of my house. The figure was very radiant white color and it stuck out noticeably because it was so dark out. It was in a shape of person and just standing there. I called my brother and his friend over and they confirmed what I was seeing. Now usually my brother is a huge skeptic but this caught his curiosity so we tried seeing if we could spot it from the front porch but we saw nothing. I was still upstairs and could still see it out the window. It went away after we looked away from the window and went back. None of us were scared, it was just strange.