1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

18th Pick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Da Wink, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Honestly, no one knows what the hell you're looking at most of the time.

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

He's projected by DraftExpress to go at #20.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you that Jerian' weakness is defense. If you take Morey at his word, the Rockets have targeted defense and will continue to do so. While Harden has become an average to slightly above average defender, you don't want to put a player physically limited at the guard spot next to him.

Dunn has the physical skills the Rockets want at the point guard position. His problem is poor decision making. He may be 2 years from being a rotation player and I am not sure the Rockets want to wait that long.

4. basketballholic

And I agree with that. If Dunn isn't good enough to be the starting point guard or in the rotation almost immediately then I don't want him. We've got Nick Johnson that we can continue to "develop".

But as far as the decision-making problem, in my opinion, that is minimized, not magnified, playing next to Harden with the starters. Dunn has an advanced level defensive skillset already. And his shooting mechanics are solid. He's going to become a plus shooter in the NBA. In my opinion, that combined with his defensive prowess makes him a great, young fit for us at the point....immediately.

So, if the Rockets determine he's a 2-year project and not a 6-month project before he's a plus in the rotation then I say pass.

If we're going to actually draft in the first round and keep the player, it's gotta be a player that we can plug-and-play in the rotation in a very short time. Otherwise, trade the pick.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the rockets do not do what the public consensus concludes (if you haven't figured that out by now) or else joey dorsey wouldn't be on the team.

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

devin booker or rj hunter... he need a consistent 3 point shooter next to harden that can put the ball on the floor and make plays

7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I think I'd want Tyrone Wallace and we could get him in the 2nd rd

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Devin Booker is Wesley Matthews with lesser defense but more offense.

9. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Don't put smith back in mchale just don't

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really think Rockets should try and find a PG in the draft. Its a really deep group of PG's in the class. I'm confident there is one there who could be a starter over Bev, Prigioni, maybe Llull.

Beverley might not return. I think Terry and Johnson's roles are more of backup SG's.

12. Kingshadaine

Kingshadaine Member

Draft a high upside player

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

trust the wizard..just no #bewell moments again

14. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

Kris Dunn Plz, next John Wall

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Chris LeVert!!

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Another euro please. I am losing all faith in these career NCAA types, and I wasgenerally underwhelmed by the one and done class outside of guys who are already top ten locks.

17. CertifiedTroll

I understand the sentiment, especially since I am a Duke fan. However, I think Tyus is very over hyped. He will not fair well against NBA PGs.

18. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey will always draft BPA. Of course, if the are 2 very similar players, he will favor the position of need.

Morey has stated in the past that contenders often draft for need, and it's the wrong move to make. He said something like even if you do have a core you like, there is always room to add talent.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is not the draft nor the pick to go with the BPA strategy. This is more of a role player type draft.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Chad Ford mock draft 4.0:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]