1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

18th Pick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Da Wink, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will any team in the lottery be willing to trade down for something?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not likely, unless they get a package which intrigues them IMO.

3. Jeasy713

Jeasy713 Member

I want a Center who can Rebound AND HIT FREE THROWS

They could get five to ten minutes a game as a rookie. Is 70-75% too much to ask for from someone taller than 6-9?

4. Jeasy713

Jeasy713 Member

My B, haven't posted here in awhile...I want a Center who can Rebound AND HIT FREE THROWS

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Whoever the next Lillard or Gobert is please....

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

At this point, I'm willing to go all in for the next season or two- especially since the pick is no longer in the lottery. I think we trade this pick (and maybe a future one) for a veteran point guard (especially if we keep Brewer). If the cap space works out (and it probably doesn't)- I'd love to trade the 18th pick and Ariza or Kostas for Jarrett Jack, especially if Bev walks and Gentille comes over.. He looked really good this year and the Nets are devoid of picks until like 2020.

As for the 32nd pick, I bet Morey either finds a nice diamond in the rough on a 4 year contract, or he drafts a guy to stash in Europe.

Of course, all of this hinges on Llull staying in Madrid although I don't think he's ever going to come here TBH.

7. newAge_Rockets

I don't think Jerian goes as high as y'all think he goes. In an NBA where "potential" is everything, a twenty three year old (by training camp) point guard that doesn't have elite athleticism probably doesn't go in the top 12.

Although the ND fan in me is just trying to talk him down so he can wear Rocket Red! That basketball IQ, that pinpoint passing, that slashing ability!

8. today

today Contributing Member

I know that there's a 90% chance that Morey will go BPA, but I'm wondering about PG prospects...

I don't know much about college basketball, but I saw that Tyus Jones is coming out and their "rankings" had him at 23, so he might be available for us.

Any thoughts on him? What's he like?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You are describing Lilliard, too, btw. He was a 4yr player, too. You might be mixing the fact that great college players rarely stay four yrs, nowadays, with potential is everything. NBA teams do like more than just "potential," but if everyone leaves early then not much else to do than pick Fr and Sophs.

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

We should draft both Delon Wright and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Both great defenders, both unselfish high IQ players who will fit right away as role players. We are not rebuilding and I don't think we should look into players age (Delon is already 22-23yo), we need good defenders who can improve offensive game and this two already may guard best NBA players.

[youtube]wRYsYIkdeZ4[/youtube]

[youtube]KgSMXjHyCdI[/youtube]

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Tyus Jones or Myles Turner. I don't think Turner will be there at 18, but I'm hoping the Rockets at least consider one especially if either one is available at 18.

12. Chamillionaire

Really. Wow! Trade our best peimeter defender and pick for JJ. Kostas and mayge a future 2nd but no picks please.

13. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I agree, we need to draft defenders who can improve offensively at PG. We know that we are going to be facing Steph, Westbrook, Lillard, Paul, Rondo, Conley, etc. for the foreseeable future. That makes it obvious...... Draft a defensive PG that can shoot and somewhat facilitate. Now think, out of Dunn, Grant, Wright, Payne, Jones, and I guess I'll throw Rozier in there, who is the best fit? That's the question Morey must answer with this pick. Actually, f**k it, let's trade up for Russell or Mudiay ;)

14. beardsanity713

remember guys we might sign Sergio llul fron overseas so Morey might go in a different direction than pg...

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What can we land for 18th plus DMo, Jones or Ariza?

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If it's a next Lebron, Morey will do it

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

FWIW, Morey mentioned on 790 that they don't typically draft for "need". The exception would be in the 2nd round if there was a 4 year college player available.

Makes sense and should play strongly into who we draft at 18 if we keep the pick

18. i3artow i3aller

Morey's going to find up another hidden gem [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    Imagine if we got Tyus or Payne w/ our 2nd round pick?

20. basketballholic

Guys, watch Jerian lumber up and down the court and convince me that he can defend Westbrook, Paul, Curry, etc. I don't see it. Gotta have an ultra-athletic long player with an already proven defensive skill set. Jerian is a great offensive distributor. He sees the floor real well and makes the right plays. But he ain't quick enough nor athletic enough to hang with the guys I just named.

It's gotta be Dunn if we're gonna draft a point guard in the first. Otherwise just go get Kevon Looney or trade out of the first round for a future first.