1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

14.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 1.5 blocked shots and 52% from the field as a starter...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Feb 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

2. Band Geek Mobster

Nice win Bulls.*

3. ScreamingRocketJet

I said when the trade was made that gaining Rose may well prove to be THE moment Chicago were born again.

It seems he has already had a major impact on Chandler and Curry. Having two ball handlers like Rose + Best has got to be a massive boost for their chances of progressing. If they continue to improve, and you also have some nice vets now...then FA's are more likely.

At the end of next season, a lineup featuring:
    Best
    Rose
    Curry (2 seasons played)
    Chandler (2 seasons played)
    High draft pick from 2002 (possibly Williams)
    and if you can jag one FA...

starts to look pretty damm good.

One question Branded...if that happens, which would make Chicago a chance to win the East by 2004...what will the perception be in Chicago of Krause?

Suddenly, he will have rebuilt that franchise MUCH quicker than expected and NY, Miami etc etc will all be still sliding downwards
    :eek:

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

GB - I've picked up Tyson for my fantasy team because Ive seen the Kid's numbers since the trade, Now You better tell your boy to go out there and play like that the rest of the season. ;)

5. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

I am actually starting to like the bulls..mercer was a waste, miller was overrated and Artest did not want to be there.. Rose can be a superstar and God knows what level Chandler and Curry will be playing at come next year or two.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My roommate plays basketball in his off time and talks defense, defense, defense. So he loved Artest and hated this trade. I told him to sit tight and watch, it could be the start of something good for the Bulls; and now he's, if not a complete believer, telling me, half-jokingly, to shut the **** up (because I keep saying during these games, "Looks like it was a good trade. What do you think, Art?") In this case, "shut the **** up" is guy-speak for "maybe you were right."

7. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

And the Chicago sports radio announcers were back to bashing Chandler this morning after Eltons 27 point, 23 rebound outing last night. Judge the trade yes, but bash a kid who had nothing to do with it? Senseless...

No bashing, but does anyone remember Elton out of high school? My first time seeing him was at Duke. Could he have done it straight out of high school?

8. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Win(s). ;)

Excuse me if I'm a little giddy at having some semblence of a competitive team back in the United Center.

Hope T-Mac plays tonight. Better test of the teams mettle...

9. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Until the Bulls approach the level of dominance that the old dynasty had (will never happen), the media will just keep ratcheting their expectations upward so they have something to complain about Krause about.

If we win 25, they'll want 30. If we win 50, they'll want 60. If we win another ring, they'll want 5 more.

The fans don't seem to care though. But isn't this true: Wouldn't the media be SCREAMING at and about Krause if it had been him who betrayed Timmy Hardaway instead of Cuban?

Double standard.

10. JAG

JAG Member

Man, those are serious numbers...those are great numbers...those are almost Keon Clark starter numbers...

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Having to watch these Bulls games (one TV, one Bulls-fanatic roommate, Iowa City residents), I can say that Chandler will be a player. Hopefully he won't bolt the team when the time comes.

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

As in how to lose gracefully? ;)

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Chandler is a stud.

Curry will be out of the league in 5 years. Doesn't have the work ethic or skills to be in the league.

Can you say Stanley Roberts?

As for Brand, I think he would have done fairly well if he left after HS for the NBA.

If I recall correctly, he was pretty dominant his Fr. year at Duke.

Also, he was rated somewhere in the Top 5 of his class I believe.

14. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Seeing the game last weekend, Curry reminded me somewhat of Marc Jackson -- not tall enough to be a true center, but perhaps not fast enough to succeed at PF.

Since Chandler has both length and speed, however, they may develop into a very successful combination as Chandler gets stronger.

15. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Oh my...that couldn't be furthur from the truth. Eddy has some of the quickest feet, softest touch around the basket and is one of the more agile big men in the league. Certainly among the best if not the best footwork among rookie big men. He's just not used to playing against guys his size. I'd worry more about Chandler going bust than Curry. He'll be fine. Maybe you're thinking Kwame?

I'm still mystified as to where this work ethic problem rumor arose. He's often the first to arrive and the last to leave.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

gb, i'm sure you are tired of hearing about the trade by now, but don't you think the team would be better off with just ONE of the hs'ers and Brand?

Since the trade was made, I was thinking, damn the bulls would have an awesome starting five with Brand. Not that it is bad right now, but still.

Go Bulls! I hope you guys win more than the Rockets this season. :)

17. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

He's a seven footer in gym-shoes---and only 19 years old.

18. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Well...I wouldn't want to change things if it meant giving up Chandler...

He needs a natural center because he doesn't, and won't, have the big body to defend them full time. There was always Brad Miller I guess...

Curry and Brand? No thanks.

19. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Whatever height they list him as, he looked a couple of inches shorter than Erick Dampier, who's listed at 6'11". Which is why he had trouble posting up Dampier in Saturday's game.

(From ESPN game log, 1st quarter)

11:37 2-0 Eddy Curry missed Jumper.
    10:54 2-0 Eddy Curry missed Jumper. Blocked by Erick Dampier.
    10:54 2-0 Chicago Offensive Rebound.
    10:45 2-0 Eddy Curry missed Dunk. Blocked by Erick Dampier.

I think a major part of the reason Krause made the draft-day trade was that he realized an undersized wide-body at C (Curry) and another one at PF (Brand) wouldn't be a workable combination. (Much as the Warriors couldn't start both Marc Jackson and Danny Fortson.)

20. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

The first time I saw Elton with Duke, I was convinced he was the next Paul Silas. His rebounding instincts were so good, it was like watching a 28-year old. The next time I saw him, I thought I was looking at the next Karl Malone. I still think that. His mixture of fundamental brilliance will keep him at the top of the league for years. Only knick-knack injuries, of which he's had many over the last two years, can bring him down.

That doesn't mean it's a bad trade. Tyson can be brilliant, but at best he'll be as good as Elton on a different level(s).

Ballsy trade by Krause, but back in June (when their stock was lower), he at least should have gotten Q or Maggette. Chi wouldn't have been able to re-sign Hoiberg, which would have hurt a bit, but Krause made this trade with their similar potential in mind. You can't do that.

JK: Brilliant basketball mind, brilliant scout, terrible GM, terrible person.