1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#13 Houston vs UAB

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

These polls clearly don't take into account Texas pass defense and run offense rankings and instead rely on insignificant details like wins and losses.

The fact is UT played two quality programs- Look at their strength of Schedule. Who has UH played that measure up to those Oklahoma schools! NOBODY! (Sure they both blasted UT in a walk, that's beside the point!)

But look at strength of schedule. Look at PASS DEFENSE and RUN OFFENSE rankings for goodness sake! McDonuts put the numbers out there for ANYONE to use (including the pollsters and it's a travesty that they aren't making use of them to put UT above UH!)

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think it's kind of dumb to run "my team is better than yours" smack when your team won't even schedule the team you think you're superior to.

3. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

/argument

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

It'd be hilarious if they did because all the t-shirt fans would be booty hurt.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

do i have your permission to root for uh this weekend? because i guarandamntee you not everyone who is supporting the coogs in this city are alums or even ever attended the school. thanks in advance!

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Word of advice. T-shirt fans only become an issue with people when they act like assholes. So, stop acting like an ******* and no one will give you crap about who you root for. Sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth. If you don't like your fanhood being mocked or called into questioned, then don't give people a reason to mock or question it.

#166 DonnyMost, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Donny should take a dose of his own medicine.

I also really wish the Longhorn "fans" or "grads" would quit trolling UH threads. It's beyond old already.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Why are you Coogs always trying to change the subject? Yeah, UH is ranked higher than UT. We've established that.

Where's the logical argument that UH will beat UT?

That doesn't stop you Coogs from doing it.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Dude, are you really upset over anything I've said? Honestly, go back and look at it. I put, in very plain, non-inflammatory language (except for a little hyperbole and quoting thrown in for comedic purposes), how I feel about matters in the conference realignment thread. Have I been rude to you or any other UT fan in any way? No. I haven't. Me saying something factually negative about UT isn't smearing poop on the walls or trolling. If you want to see that, go look for some of bigtexxx's posts where he says wildly inflammatory things that have no basis in reality purely to get a rise out of you.

*edit: In fact, you're the one who blew up at *me* in this thread. The fact that you think I'm anywhere near bigtexxx's level speaks very loudly about how much you need to reevaluate things. Perspective man. I ain't got no bone to pick with you.

#169 DonnyMost, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

What? We can't schedule a team that doesn't want to play us.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

hi kettle, you're black as ****!

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Don't even try to pretend that our behavior is the same on this matter.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

yeah, didn't mean to imply that because the level of assholish behavior from you and other whiners throughout the years directed towards me due to who i root for and where i went to school far outwheighs the assholish behavior i've displayed. sorry to be so harsh. :rolleyes:

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

1. Bigtexxx does not get under my skin. I actually find it's posts quite amusing and move on.

2. I did not get upset or "blow up" at you in any thread. This is the internet, you are a bot to me. In that thread you also "claimed" you were trolling, which you just posted is not something you do while saying something "factually negative" about UT. Kinda confused over here boss.

The one thing that is scroll worthy-

We get it. We also know this will not happen for a good amount of reasons.

I root for UH, I've gone to two games this year with my Longhorn gear on and not one fan has given me grief. I'm just sick of the "trolling" from both sides in each others threads. I'm completely rooting for TCU to whip Boise States ass to see where you guys stand then.

I'll pick up the tab brother.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Make it worth their while. The reason UH vs. UT won't be scheduled has been discussed numerous times. It's up to UH to upgrade their program.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

You have a reputation around here for being really petty and childish, especially when it comes to college football. I lose my cool from time to time and get into peepee games with people (and even then, I try to keep it lighthearted), but you're on another level, man. Bottom line, don't start nothing, won't be nothing. So, slow your roll and watch how their attitudes towards you change. If the t-shirt thing gets under your skin, this is a sure fire way to put a stop to it.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Define "upgrade their program" and/or "make it worth their while"?

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Then I'm not sure why you're using him as a negative example for comparison.

I said that because of your blow-up post. As in, I was claiming that I finally had argued my case so well that it caused you to go full-blown bigtexxx mode. It wasn't trolling, per say (as in, I wasn't trying to get a reaction), but apparently my posting caused you to go off the deep-end and troll me (which you confirmed). Which, in the realm of internet pee-pee games, can be looked at as a moral victory.

No hard feelings man. I'm sick of the trolling too. I don't go into UT threads and wave my red and white wang around, because I don't want anybody waving their burnt orange wang around in here. So, we're on the same page.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

please point out any recent post where i was being an ******* to, let's say an aggie that is directly attributable to me being an ******* tshirt fan. i was properly raised to "hate" all things aggie and any trash talk i throw to them is purely from that base.

here's a tip - why don't you focus on your program and it building acceptable facilities (like my alma mater is doing) rather than making it personal and being a **** about who i root for?

what's funny is i can't even recall my last post specifically regarding ut, yet y'all won't shut up about it.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

That's what we're doing :)

And, as far as fighting about your fandom goes, you're the one who picked the fight about it in here (a UH thread, no less). So, you could've chose to make it a non-issue. Which might also be a good strategy in the future, because when people bring it up, if you ignore it you'll be defusing it from the start.

P.S. your last post about UT was about a week ago, that I can remember, anyway.