1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

100% NOT behind Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Oct 7, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Please find the nearest exit if you can't stand said ugly fanbase. Godspeed.

marky :) likes this.
  2. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Hard to tell when. Easy to guess where

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

100% agree. I just meant they would not willingly take less. Now that the issue has blown up domestically they have no choice, screwed either way.

There is a way out of this with both sides coming out unscathed, but the cultural divide is too wide to realize it.

I highly doubt that Morey actually intended to advocate Hong Kong independence, the protesters aren't even doing that. All he had to say was :

My tweet was meant to advocate for freedom and human rights which I still stand by. However I respect the history and sovereignty of China and never meant to question that. My hope was for progress and peace in Hong Kong, and everywhere else in an unified China. My words were misconstrued and I apologize for any unintended offense.

Almost positive the Chinese would let him off the hook. Unless he really wants to free Hong Kong, that's all he has to say.

meh likes this.
  4. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I enjoy exposing this fanbases ugliness. So much potential here

When you have a loose mouth GM what can you expect from its fanbase

5. Mister Beard

Mister Beard Member

As a communist spokesman, your google translate skill is surprisingly good!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where is holic’s 90 percent?

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

8. steddinotayto

Considering when you registered an account here and the number of posts you've made within the past week I actually feel sorry for you, knowing that this enjoyment you speak of is probably the ONLY enjoyment you get in life. My only suggestion is to actually log off of this forum and go outside, interact with real people, and try to live a more fulfilling life. But of course, you do you.

marky :) likes this.
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Probably banned just like the NBA in china.

Seems like there's an uptick in posts from dormant accounts. Gotta get that quota in I guess.

Nook and daywalker02 like this.
  10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

NBA fans nor players don't care about China's reputation being tarnished. Turkey has labeled Enes Kanter a terrorist and taken him/his team off their streams. No one in America cares. But Houston fans will care about any action that affects their team's ability to win.

11. pippsux

pippsux Member

There are attrocities here in the US, right in front of our noses, why is Hong Kong more important than Chicago or Baltimore or or any other city.
    We don't get to point fingers at China when we have a President literally fostering an authoritarian regime here in the Us

12. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Greetings from Barcelona. I enjoy teasing monkeys over my wine and cheese

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Ignorant comment. You can care about both simultaneously.

bro2044 and harold bingo like this.
  14. steddinotayto

So is it safe to say that you're going to use this event as a lightning rod for any failures the organization has over the next two years in signing or trading players rather than actually looking at something that actually has a DIRECT, versus indirect, impact like the salary cap and luxury tax?

15. Nook

Nook Member

Thanks!

I’m not in Houston. My recently immigrated Chinese sister in law and my four first generation Chinese nephews that now live in the USA all wanted me to extend to your their deepest condolences on living the rest of your life under the miserable CCP.

My sister in law said to learn the truth through....民生观察

treyk3 and Hustle Town like this.
  16. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'm off to work, where I know better than to cost my boss money by tweeting my opinion on a public social medium with my real name.

I'll get to y'all one at a time, trust me

17. steddinotayto

I love Barcelona. One of the best cities I've ever been to. That being said, what you just posted pretty much affirms my longtime belief that you can find pathetic people anywhere in the world, including beautiful cities.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Because the topic at hand is the HK/China tweet from Morey...not about Trump. He didn't make any tweet about Trump.

You can have an opinion on one without the other...

bro2044 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

No he didn’t, he doubled down.

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You're just whatabout-ing me here and not really making a point. More than one thing can be bad. Why does he have to pick just one?

bro2044 likes this.