1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1-07-21: Donald J. Trump Concedes?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 7, 2021.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

Full of revisionist history. So how long before he takes it back? It only took about ~20 hours after his Charlottesville video.

2. malakas

malakas Member

"Our incredible journey is only just beginning."

Sounds more like a threat than conceding.

Ziggy, mdrowe00 and Blatz like this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I know he really, REALLY, REALLY wanted to have the words rigged or stolen election in that speech but his advisers finally got through to him to stop.

His speech is an admission of all the BS he has put this country through...an acknowledgement that his whole election rigged/stolen BS was all lies and had no merit. Now, he claims he was just trying to improve election laws through his actions.

He only told one lie in this speech that I can tell...the part about deploying the national guard immediately. We know he waited a while.

This is the most conciliatory I've seen him because he's afraid of being charged and/or impeached.

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

Yup.

He also doesn't apologize or take responsibility for the coup yesterday.

mdrowe00 and malakas like this.
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Too little too late.
    Lock him up.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I say he walks it back tonight once it gets around and back to him that he conceded.

#6 Blatz, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    R0ckets03 likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

He's scared of twitter taking away his account.

No Worries, arno_ed, Zboy and 5 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Fear of impeachment and 25th Amendment...

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is the 1st time I haven’t seen him try to purposefully divide...it’s too late now

I want to see him ROT in prison

Trump said it was at least 10 years in prison for damaging statues right? We can start with that as the bare minimum for these un-American insurgents. They all deserve draconian penalties. There is also a murderer out there that needs to get caught as 1 police officer died. Round up all the terrorists and insurgents ASAP. The incredibly unprepared leaders in the police force must all lose their jobs as well. This wasn’t even a surprise attack. It had been broadcasted for weeks, and y’all had a bunch of Paul Blarts out there getting easily overrun. Embarrassing, and must never happen again

10. AB

AB Contributing Member

That is how Sore losers concede.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he had said this a month ago after the states certified or even right after the Electors voted I would've been fine with this. Instead it took him till close to the inauguration, after losing more than 60 court cases, more than a day after the Capitol invaded with people dead for him to do what every President since 1876 has done.

This isn't a concession speech. This is a bitter and defeated man being forced to confront reality.

Jayzers_100, Zboy, Nook and 8 others like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing this might've played a role.

Pence or some other adviser might've told him that if he didn't concede they would have no choice and he would be the first President removed from office.

the11mingdynasty, Major and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. Major

Major Member

Agreed - I think it may have been a man understanding that impeachment proceedings are a real possibility as early as tomorrow, and he might be the first President removed from control under the 25th Amendment.

Rashmon likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

16. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...and after all this, nothing that the Donald says that people want to say is "conciliatory" matters one damned bit.

...People have been hurt and killed behind this moron. Even more, people are going to have their lives ruined through incarceration or public humiliation, scorn, and ostracization, subsequently (and those things are hardly undeserved, largely, either).

People setting their political, professional, and personal schedules and reputations by the erratic timekeeping of a broken clock have only themselves to blame for always being late to everything...including their own funerals.

The really horrible part is that there are so many other people who needlessly have had to suffer this (recent) tragedy, simply because this piece of **** was in a position to do this to a lot of people...and thought it was a good idea to put him there.

We better start telling the truth. All of it. Especially to people who don't want to hear it or believe it.

Dead is dead, at the end of the day.

Ain't no middle ground, or coming back from that.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Definitely. Which is why I think nothing much will happen over the next 2 weeks. This could be the most quiet time in his entire presidency.

19. NewRoxFan

I am not that confident... trump will gain confidence based on real or perceived "this is the speech where trump became president". And, I think trump needs to be punished so that future trumps don't happen.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He ends on "THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING" (or something) - close enough, I'm not watching again. But lulz.