1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[06/28/11] After practice interviews with Williams, Patterson and Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblaze, Jun 28, 2011.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hill always been a hard worker if you read his history.

Twill, Thabeet, Hill...I have the most faith in Hill. He's actually shown improvement unlike Thabeet and he seems happy to do what he's told to do unlike Twill.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

One thing about Hill is that he's always had the quickness and the reaction speeds necessary to dominate as a big man in the NBA. It just always seemed like his play would be so inconsistent, that his head would go in and out of the game. That to me speaks to his room for improvement.

I look at a guy like Thabeet, and the nerve speed, like in his brain and in his feet, just might not be there. I mean, we're used to slow speakers like Yao and Dikembe but Thabeet just might have displaced them in the race for the title "Gentle Giant".

Based on early reports things are looking up for Jordan.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You have to be joking, if you think Morris's has less ball-handling, less foul drawing, less 3pt shooting, less ability to move without the ball, less pull up jumpers, less playmaking and other SF skills than Kawhi Leonard. Leonard is a a great rebounder and has a better nose for the ball than most PFs. It doesn't make him a better 3 than Morris. He is an incredible defender with fast feet. It makes him more like a SF/PF version of Chuck Hayes than a straight 3.

1 person likes this.
  4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

If we sign Yao at all, he'll probably get real time (20 mins / game?) when he's not injured. I expect he'll be in and out of the lineup, and hopefully he can be in good shape come playoff time. Keep your fingers crossed.