1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[06/28/11] After practice interviews with Williams, Patterson and Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblaze, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I meant to say that TWill was putting him down by calling him a shooter. Obviously Donatas is the big. We all know that Morris is a playmaker not a shooter. I'm trying to say that TWill is afraid of calling Morris for what he really is--a bigger, better version of himself.

If only Yao had been healthy. This team with Lowry Martin and then two enforcers in Patterson and Morris surrounding a healthy Yao would be championship-caliber. Guys like Scola Lee Dragic and Hayes off the bench...man it makes me even more frustrated about our two paper-mache superstars.

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

3. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

4. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ofKIlYVEbYY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

At work what did he say please?

6. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Thanks for embedding it. I couldn't figure out how to do that

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It sounds like Sikma wasn't very good at coaching bigs.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

anybody find videos of them actually working out? It'll be nice to see how they're actually progressing.

9. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

He talked about how he's more confident now than he was a few months ago, overcoming different things.

He's focusing on everything, mainly getting his lower body strong. He talks about, how McHale is a mentor and trying to get everyone better, passing his legacy down to today's players.

He says he has no preferred position, he just wants to go out and play. Then they talk about team defense and one on one defense.

:p i'll save a bit for you.

10. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

no prob, the video was downloaded and then uploaded to youtube straight from the link you posted.

11. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Thanks I appreciate it

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink. Sikma can have all the big men knowledge in the world, but if the player is not inspired to learn, he won't. Now granted, Hill always seemed eager to learn, but he always seemed a bit on the slow side of things. Hopefully this was the result of having too much to absorb all at once while having his personal issues going on. Either way, a better Jordan Hill means a higher level of overall team talent and a much more valuable trade asset down the road.

13. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

14. alethios

alethios Member

Damn, I bet McHale feels like a kid in a candy store with the depth at PF and possibly some size at center (no knock on Chuckwagon). But, speaking of Chuck, it makes me wonder where that leaves him when the roster is being drawn up for this coming season. Will McHale see him for the defense and intangibles he brings or will he see him as an undersized 4 and leave him on the bench more. My gut tells me he'll see Chuck as being able to contribute a solid 15-20 minutes because he's very effective when he's out there.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I'm happy for the guys and will be behind them. I'm surprised they are at it so early which means good signs to come. And i really do believe Jordan is much better than what we seen. We just have to remember it takes bigs a year or two longer to develop than smalls. Bigs have more to learn imo. He showed flashes of brilliance against Gasol and shut him down in clutch so we know the potential is definately and ultimately there. All Jordan needs to study is to not pop out passed the free throw line, and to carefully watch the screens when to switch effectively. Then there's fundamentals like keeping the ball above your head and boxing out.

16. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Jordan Hill seems like a nice guy. I don't see him getting too many minutes, though, except at C. Maybe he is ahead of Donuts at the C spot, actually.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think "Donuts" will start out as a center right away. They will utilize his size advantage early on. I am hoping Chuck will remain the starting 5 with Thabeet backing him up. That is of course if Yao isn't ready, which i believe will be the case.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Looking forward to an improved Jordan Hill sticking it to Mr. Pringles.

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Did Hill get a brain transplant?