1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[06/28/11] After practice interviews with Williams, Patterson and Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketblaze, Jun 28, 2011.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

PPat's interview only confirmed that Morris is a 3 by saying he can guard on the perimeter. Even T-Will said we got "a big[Donatas] and 2 shooters[Morris & Parsons]"... He did not call Morris a big... There have been several reports that Morris is a 3 posted on this forum. I watchd a discussion yesterday where David Aldridge said he IS a scoring 3. He says himself he's a 3, the players in the practice say he's a 3, the reporters say he's a 3 and the staff calls him a power 3... He's modeling his game after Melo and he's the perfect size for a sf..... I'd love to hear your argument that he is a straight 4.....

1 person likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Really like this team, but can't shake the feeling that some of these personalities will eventually clash in the locker room.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

OMG, yes. It seems like people around here are just looking for ways to try and tear this guy down. T-Will cannot do anything right in front of the eyes of Clutchfans ... Clutchfans needs a whipping boy, and it seems like Terrence cannot get out of that role... SMFH.

As far as anyone saying he was trying to put down Marcus by calling him a Big. Needs to pay closer attention, because in actuality he was referring to Motiejunas as the "big", Motie was the one that spent most of his time in the paint "finishing everything at the rim"(according to Pat). Trying to spin it to make it seem his attacking his teammates is pathetic...

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

For crying out loud peeps!! It's called cross-training.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Bingo.

6. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

PatPat is the man, no doubt. T-Will, i hope you make the best of your abilities and your talk...Thabeet- i pray you seem more motivated to play and be the Center you were expected to be.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Dude, I said he is more of a 4 than a 3. That automatically rules me out saying he is a straight 4. But he is not a natural 3 either. He is a power forward who can play SOME small forward. Not a small forward who can play some power forward. Kawhi Leonard or a Jordan Hamilton are far better equipped to play the 3. Just because he can slide to 3 and play some minutes there does not and should not mean he is our solution to the 3.

Guarding is one half of basketball, the other half is obviously you know what. Luc Mbuh Mut can guard the 3 but he is not a 3, J.Jeffries can guard the 3 but that DOES NOT make him a small forward. Patterson said in the interview he can guard the 3 as well and there was the exact same talk last year that he was going to play the 3. Can you imagine Patterson handling the ball and trying to make plays from the perimeter? NO, but yeah I can imagine guarding a 3. Utah is going to try playing Millsap at 3. Now you tell me - is Millsap more of 4 or a 3? SO just because you can guard a position doesnt mean you are naturally suited for that position.

And just because he can shoot it from 3 doesn't make him a wing player. Novak can shoot 3s, Troy Murphy can shoot 3s, Frye can shoot 3s, Vilanueva shoots 3s, its becoming a trend for bigs to have range these days. They are not Small Forwards. I dont see Morris in the same mould as those guys. Im just saying "perimeter/wing" game has a lot more to it than shooting 3s and guarding small forwards.

McHale has been raving about how good he is in the post and even called him a "power" 3. That's not a "natural" 3. Yeah we all heard that David Aldridge article saying he can play the 3 and we heard what they players are saying. Theres no denying he cant play SOME 3, but we need a natural/straight 3. Morris would be good to come off the bench and cause mismatches like Thaddeus Young.

8. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Look I hate Williams more than anyone but this is definitely reading too much into his comments lol...

Also, Williams isn't a 2 lol. Shooting is the LAST thing he should be doing.

9. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Good LORD, Thabeet's hands are enormous.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eEjZYPdSkw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

What are your thoughts on Thabeet?

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Twill wasn't a 100% NBA ready prospect coming out of Louisville. He had a lot of holes in his game that he's hopefully still working on. I know he sees himself as a playmaker rather than a scorer, but so was Lowry at Nova and he still did a ton of work every offseason on his jumper. In terms of translating his game to the pro level, Twill probably needs more work than anyone.

12. drsnay76

drsnay76 Member

I'd like to work with Patrick, hang out with Thabeet and T-Will's interview wasn't bad.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think we really know where he is at now because he can't get on the floor, which probably means he doesnt know either, and i dont think his lack of playing time is due to his skills, but mainly his mentality. Until he gets that right first he's going to be stuck. I agree he does need to polish his skills, but it'll be tough for him to see that until he's out there being challenged and outplayed for more than a few mins. It's kind of like Lebron not thinking much of a post game because he gets by with everything else he does with his athleticism. Once that it fails him, like in the finals, it may hit him that he needs more work. Of course Twill isn't good enough to get on the floor anyway, like Lebron.

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Does anyone know P.Pats Gamertag ? i wouldn't mind playin a lil COD wit dat foo

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought TWill's interview was not as bad some of you guys think. He seemed to be a sensible guy, though he still didn't seem to understand what it would take for him to be an NBA player.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So, even though he played the three his entire life, except for in college, he is not a 3? He will no doubt play more 3 than 4 in the NBA. That's a given. His post moves do to being asked to play the four in college (like Battier, Butler, Melo, and Marion all did), only adds to his arsenal of moves. Wanna place a bet on if he plays more 3 than 4 this year? $50?

17. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

Wow I cant believe how some of you idiots are b****ing about T-Will taking up boxing. You do realize that it helps him stay in shape and helps his stamina right? A lot of athletes take up boxing in the offseason.

18. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Its' crazy these fans jump all over the guy hasn't even had opportunity to prove himself. Just like the Thabeet, Hill, Twill, Chase, these guys are young and still have a chance and everyone outside of Chase, and Hill has atleast had a opportunity play and they showed flashes lets wait to see what they d under Mchale before we flame these guys. Lets support our team and hope for the best they were lottery picks for a reason except Chase. Calm down playoffs coming this year.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It sounds that he thinks he doesn't need to work on anything and he has been a victim the last couple of years. Twill needs to work on a jumpshot instead of boxing.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Very well written, great points, but the frustration is all over his face already noticed in casual questions during the interview. It maybe too late for this kid already, and he buried on the depth chart.