1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

‘The Rockets don’t make adjustments’ Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 23, 2019.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hartenstein? You can't be serious. If he gets a single meaningful minute in the postseason, you've already given up on the game.

Nene should get some time instead of the small lineup, but otherwise Capela and Faried have to play well. Both of them sucked in Game 4 and that forced D'Antoni to go with Tucker at the 5.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Healthy Hartenstein > Two Viruses Clint

Rocket River

tinman, ak99999 and smp like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I felt like we should have run a Clint and Faried lineup some
    but i did not know clint was sick

Rocket River

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow, ****ing sky is falling.

Can we just rename the forum Masochistic Fans / Fair Weather Fans etc. We need something that sounds good like Clutch City, but is more of a place for miserable fans.

Don't get me wrong I'm not calling everyone out, and I definitely enjoy the constructive feedback/criticism/intelligent discussion but some of these posts are only here when the emotions are strong or the team is doing bad. The forum was full of bullshit at the beginning of the season and then got better for a while, but 3-1 and people around here are acting like the Rockets are the team that's down 3-1

Thankfully the Rockets are basically one game away from essentially playing the championship. I'm not trying to discredit the Bucks but whoever wins the next series pretty much wins it.

And I like Houston's odds against the Warriors, Capela will be feeling better by then, and while it'll be 8 Vs 5 Houston has the best chance.

5. count_dough-ku

No kidding. Can everyone take a step back and answer one question honestly?

If I told you before the series started that the Rockets would be up 3-1 with a chance to close out the Jazz at Toyota Center in Game 5, would you have gladly accepted that scenario?

CCity Zero, Os Trigonum and jsilencio like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

CCity Zero and count_dough-ku like this.
  7. smp

smp Member

My complaint about last night was about Capela. It was clear the man was out of gas. He couldn't jump for a rebound or a dunk. He couldn't defend when he got switched on the 3 point line. His FT's were short. He was just slow and tired. It was completely obvious at the end of the 3rd quarter that he was done. DanTony kept him out there though. I couldn't understand it. These guys have been playing hard and they were running out of gas. That's where you find some minutes for Faried, Nene, and Hartenstein. Trotting Capela out there to start the 4th quarter was the worst option and it was painfully obvious. I really don't understand that move.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was not out of gas, there are 2-3 threads concerning itself with the bacteria strain or virus that befell Clint.

He was sick. Period.

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I don't know why faried didn't play more but it appeared intentional to me

10. smp

smp Member

He was out of gas because he was sick. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Isn't it obvious? You can only go so far when you are sick. You can get a few minutes then you are done.

And if you look at the game thread, I said the same thing at the end of the 3rd quarter last night. Something was wrong with Clint. He was out of energy. He couldn't jump. It was so obvious to me and I don't know how a head coach could miss that. Faired must have really pissed him off or something because Capela was dead at the end of the 3rd. And I didn't know he had a virus at the time but his freaking head coach sure did!

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Out of gas would suggest he has a stamina problem.

Problem was he was in shetty shape from start to the end. I really dun know why Dan Antonio played him.

Okay we have no one else at that position but still.

smp likes this.
  12. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Good point on House who has been shooting terribly the past 5 games. Green & Rivers are streaky from game to game:

House (last 5 games starting w/game 82 @ OKC): 4.8PPG, 25% FG, 18% 3FG, 24 MPG.
    Green (last 5 games starting w/game 82 @ OKC): 7.2PPG, 41% FG, 45% 3FG, 13 MPG.
    Rivers (last 5 games starting w/game 82 @ OKC): 6.2PPG, 41% FG, 43% 3FG, 20 MPG

I included game 82, since it was playoff atmosphere (going for #2 seed in OKC), and to give a slightly larger sample size.

The silver lining for the Rockets is that we're still up 3-1, and House may be lowering his next contract value if he keeps shooting bricks..

durvasa and smp like this.
  13. count_dough-ku

House was good in Game 1 and ok in Game 2. He had 2 key 3-pointers in the 2nd half of Game 1 plus a couple of drives that resulted in a dunk for Faried and one for himself.

Honestly, he just looks like a streaky young player who performs better at home than on the road. That's not exactly unheard of. The Jazz appear to be filled with players like that given how they're doing in this series.

PolarBear likes this.
  14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I almost got upset over this game until I remembered my rent and car note is due on the 1st.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Very bad.

Classic pneumonia is opportunistic bacteria attacking your immune system using back door while it is battling a viral infection.

I actually once had full blown Flu + Strep at the same time. As a healthy person, I was bed ridden, in severe pain, and miserable. A non-healthy person with a weakened immune system would have most likely not survived those two simultaneously, especially with pneumonia knocking on the door.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Be happy that M'Dantoni wasn't your boss, you'd be working all day even if you had Ebola

Vivi and smp like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Well I hope he gets some rest, oh wait.. he didn't

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Inside the NBA is not a hot take show, it's pre and post game show after the game talking only about the NBA

A hot take show is a show where the hosts never played any professional sports and talk about EVERY professional sport
    and stupid idiots fall for it

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I Do agree with this one, when he started becoming a non-factor and even worse in the 4th he should have tried out some different rotations and probably rested Paul/Harden... Of course I'm an armchair quarterback/coach, but regardless it'd have been interesting to know what Nene/Shump have, just for the hell of it. But coach likes the shorter rotations.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's not even a matter of "rest Clint "

If he was that sick (which he clearly was) MDA should have gone in the game with a plan .

He looked cooked from the get go . How hard is it to think about clints health in advance and say "we will see what he has , but if he looks slow we go to plan B." ??

I can't tell you how many times Clint got the ball slapped out of his hands , and counldnt convert on point blank opportunities . IF MDA recognized this from the get go and changed things up say around 6:00 into the 1Q we could have been in a much stronger position.

Yes playing nene and farried meant we would have to adjust our defense a bit , but it's not like we were shutting them down .

Your team defense is only as strong as its weakest link . We couldn't finish possessions defensively because we couldn't rebound .

harold bingo likes this.