1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REALISTIC players the Rockets can get this year or next.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Habby52

Habby52 Member

I really don't think the Dwight Howard thing is possible. I want to hear about players that actually can and would want to play in Houston and would help us improve from the predictable pattern the Rockets keep making (Close to the playoffs,14th draft pick) . Having the all-star game in Houston next year with Dragic/Lowry as an all star (being optimistic) might get us some attention, but I don't know. Your thoughts.....

I was thinking

(Free Agents 2012)
    Eric Gordon: He's on the worst team in the west and would be open to leaving.

Jamaal Crawford: Good player and he will miss the playoffs, so he'd be open to leave.

Tracy Mcgrady: Just because it'd be interesting (Yes, it would) and we can't do any worse!

2. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

what about Tyreke evans everyone is bashing this guy but thats because the kings dont know how to use him. he has superstar potential and im pretty sure the kings are selling him low right now

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Harden could be possible next off season. Gordon could be possible if we want to offer him a ridiculous offer that New Orleans wouldn't match (probably would have to be 14+) I don't know if he is worth that with his injury history but with a....

4. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

we have to take a risk on a guy with superstar potential so i say do it whats the worst that could happen.....We dont make the playoffs lol

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

How you going to say realistic players then say T-Mac? Lol

6. epicbeardabe

epicbeardabe Contributing Member

I would love to see the rockets pick up Eric Gordon

Yeah, he's injury prone but he's been awesome when he's on the court and I don't think we should pass up on that type of talent.

Speaking on Evans though, I think he could fit in here. As long he's not playing point and can quit demanding the ball so much, he should be a good pick up. He's talented but the Kings let him do whatever he wants. I think if the coaching staff can rein him in and he plays alongside a good pg (dragic or lowry) he'll be a productive player. I see him, at best, taking over Martin's role on the team.

If not Gordon, then look to move up in the draft. If both of these plans fail, then look at Evans.

And in the meantime, we should be looking to sign a center and trade Scola and Martin

7. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I would LOVE to see Kevin Garnett and Austin Rivers in Rockets red.

8. RocketFanGolfer

If we want to let forgo resigning Dragic, we could always try to sign away Omer Asik considering Chicago already has a big commitment in the frontcourt with Boozer and Noah's contracts. Then again, doesn't the Gilbert Arenas rule say his max new contract is the MLE? With that plus the fact that he's restricted may not make it wise to pursue him. But man...what a defensive monster if we could get him.

9. Habby52

Habby52 Member

Lol, I know. BUT at least it would interesting to see if it works and he'd be cheap as hell compared to other free agents. And it would be an unpredictable move, and I KNOW that we haven't been unpredictable in a while.. Plus why not? It wouldn't make us worse.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If we can't get Dwight, I'm all for offering Garnett 3 years $30 million.

11. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

[​IMG]

12. valorita

valorita Member

Lowry and Patterson for Evans and Whiteside would work for both sides imo.

13. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

Sign Gordan, and re-sign Goran. Then trade lowry and martin for what they're worth.

14. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

when i saw t-mac i shut down my laptop :rolleyes:

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

An over the hill vet.

16. tzou88

tzou88 Member

def. try to go for gordon and josh smith

17. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

otis thrope?

18. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

how much you pay for eric gordon i would pay 40 million 3 years

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So we're going to be signing Evans from our D-League team???!!:eek:

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think I'd tell New Orleans I was gonna offer Gordon the max if they don't trade me their lottery pick for Lowry.