1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Pacers are trying to stay alive, taking on Brunson and the Knicks in Game 6. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Remembering Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Phil Jackson with a few quotable lines and an awesome ending. Some of this stuff he's saying about what he kept trying to tell Kobe should be forwarded to the Rockets' players.

Rocket4Life11, Easy and Jontro like this.
  3. StroudAndYorDaddy

vanessa still looks amazing

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Where is J.R. to recap? Ain't nobody got time to watch 12 minutes when I cn read it in 2.

5. Mr. Dominant

Looks even better now. I couldn’t even recognize her.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Jalen Rose line was hilarious. And the Adam Morrison story at the end was great.

I am a certified Lakers hater. Hated Kobe (and Phil). But you've got to give credit to Kobe for the competitive drive.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Meh......I honestly thought Phil Jax would not go through another MJ Chapter again, and then he did even go thru a Shaq Chapter.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So conflicted, what a great basketball player, who died too young, and also the issue in Colorado - do we just ignore it?

DD

9. Mr. Dominant

Anyone miss Kobe? I would have loved him on Inside the NBA with Shaq, Charles, Kenny and Ernie.

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Why wouldn't you? Just out of curiosity. He wasn't guilty of this alleged assault and the "victim" backed out of the trial after they discovered she had sex with multiple men around the same time. Out of all the men, she claims NBA superstar Kobe Bryant is the only one who raped her. Riiiiiiight.

I've been around NBA players, and I've seen firsthand how groupies follow them everywhere they go. Gorgeous women are at the games, the hotels, etc. waiting on an opportunity to be with/sleep with an NBA player. Kobe was the biggest superstar in the league and didn't need to rape anyone. There are women literally offering themselves to players every chance they get.

There's a slim chance anyone with that amount of money, popularity etc. makes it out of life without being falsely accused of something. She wanted some BBC and she got it. She was looking for a payday and she got it. People are still judging this man after death over something he wasn't even found guilty of. It's ridiculous. Hell yeah people should ignore it and focus on the facts - He was a great player. That lying tramp wasn't raped and she's a disgrace to all the young girls/women who actually have been raped.

Kobe wouldn't just be idiotic for potentially throwing his life and career away over some random chick (when he could just open his hotel room and invite another willing woman in). He'd be psychotic. His wife was able to let this go and move on, but people who don't even know Kobe and never met him wont. That says more about the people still falsely accusing him (even after death) than Kobe.

JHarden713 likes this.
  11. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Yea I'm sceptical when it comes to famous people n rape allegations as well. Just because he has a lot to lose n she has a lot to gain (not saying they don't happen nor that all of them are lying).

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is precisely the one sided story of a fan or at least one that is sympathetic to his cause.

A star is also human, a human can be seduced, intoxicated, or whatever......

People have screwed up worse when they were at their happiest, so it would not surprise me if that inner saboteur kicked in.

There are gold diggers and loose groupies for sure but not everyone is one.

Was it consensual until she changed her mind? Yeah, this actually happens a lot in real life, not just to Kobe....

If a girl wants to call it quits after she made the male aroused, then I would still say she has that right.

In the heat of the moment, guys get angry, I understand that but you got to find a way to calm down and just leave.

This felt like it would have ended up being a one night stand altogether, so the problem was this person was not the right fit for it.

Even as you said Vanessa took him back and she stated that they had marriage problems around that time and were about to take a break.

#12 daywalker02, May 3, 2024
    Last edited: May 3, 2024