1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Urban Meyer placed on administrative leave

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 1, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Sounds like he took of a photo of his penis in the Whitehouse bathroom which is kinda lame. Go Oval or go home.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Can we drop the facade of these guys being amateurs... they are employees of a corporation.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This is tabloid garbage but pretty hilarious coming from McMurphy

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yup. Smith's lawyer seems like a piece of work too. He's now texted (out of all forms of communication to use), threatening McMurphy with charges of extortion and felony computer-hacking? And on top of that, claiming everything was "off the record" when there is no damn such thing.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. gucci888

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah like I said...

9. Nook

Nook Member

No, Herman admitted he paid some of her legal fees. I know Herman and Urban butted heads while at UH.

10. gucci888

Herman admitted his wife provided "financial assistance" to Courtney Smith in March 2017. Never said it was for her legal fees (didn't deny it either) or that it was for "a while." In fact, said it was the only time. But honestly I could care less if it was Herman.

Snook on the other hand has gone from "confirmed that Herman was the source" and that it was because "Herman was furious after five-star receiver Garrett Wilson committed to Ohio State in April over Texas, sources say" to:

11. Nook

Nook Member

I honestly don't care either, other than being a possible reason there would be friction between TH and UM, it doesn't really move the needle. Hell, Herman has received so much negative press, you could argue that he and his wife helping her out made him look like a decent person.

12. Buck Turgidson

I know that when I look for evenhanded national college football reporting, I look to a totally unbiased guy in Columbus, Ohio.

I'd love to talk to him and pick his brain if he can find some furniture that hasn't totally caught fire yet, table and chairs would be nice (I think they call that "kindling" though).

LonghornFan likes this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

suspended 3 games

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Urban Meyer and Ohio State should be ripped to shreds by the media, fans and anyone who isn't a hopeless Buckeye homer. I hope this becomes such a big distraction that recruits won't go near Ohio State and they are forced to cut him loose after the season.

J.R. likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Urban Meyer is a living piece of ****. (...but that's not totally new or shocking.)

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

After McMurphy dropped the text messages, Brian Voltolini and Urban "discussed at that time whether the media could get access to Coach Meyer’s phone, and specifically how to adjust the settings on Meyer’s phone so that text messages older than one year would be deleted."

And when Urban turned his phone over to the investigative team, it had no text messages that were older than one year.

“It is nonetheless concerning that his first reaction to a negative media piece exposing his knowledge of the 2015-16 law enforcement investigation was to worry about the media getting access to info and discussing how to delete messages older than one year."

On July 26, OSU’s general counsel asked Amy Nicol & Brian Voltolini to check Urban Meyer’s phone for texts & they said they had no documents on their end – but no one actually checked Meyer’s phone or even approached him about it

OSU findings: "We also learned ... that Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events. He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration, and focus."

3 games . . . .

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nook likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A damning report and.... a slap on the wrist. NCAA overall and particularly it's festering sore of an evil heart of college football is an endless cesspool:

No.

J.R. likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

meanwhile the unc kid got suspended 4 games for selling his own shoes.

Nook likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

A day late & dollar short...
    Fake apology

20. J.R.

J.R. Member