1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Preacher

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 7, 2014.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Yes God is a real being. And Genesis hits him in the comic no one else so maybe they are playing the he was worthy role.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Same here. I really want to like this but I'm still scratching my head over most of what I've seen. The violence is just so over the top and unfocused it loses me. And I like violence.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

You have to really listen to the dialog, the ones that blow up all make a claim to that goes against the Word. Jessie stops just short of making the claim.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

It was a bit dull. Way too clean and neatly put together show for a Vertigo comic. Almost like a supernatural Walker Texas Ranger in tone and looks. Though I shouldn't be too disappointed with Seth Rogan's name coming up in the opening credits. That's like a large shop front banner reading mediocrity's coming your way...

Ruth Negga is eye candy and part of the reason why I checked out the episode but the accent was slightly off putting. They have an Irish girl speaking with an American accent and English guy doing an Irish accent.

5. VanityHalfBlack

This is going to be the best show on tv I think. I really loved the pilot. I love the setting, TEXAS, come on clutchfans what's not to love? It's not dull. How many shows are like this right now? Name one?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly, lol. Me too, I'm just looking for it to make sense. Otherwise it's a interesting show, it just need more focus and explanation.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Right now a rebroadcast of first episode with director commentary and afterwards is the first Talking Preacher.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Bump for 2nd episode...

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Started watching, stopped and wiki'ed because I didn't know wtf was going on. Continued viewing and realized I didn't care what was going on and turned it off about 2/3 through. Will try to finish later but I can't say I ever will for certain.

1 person likes this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I tried watching because of so many reccomend actions, but not enjoying either.

11. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I actually like this 2nd episode more than the pilot. There are so many unknown events / storyline that it can get confusing, so I can kind of understand why some are not enjoying this. I've not read the comic and probably won't so that I can be surprised.

Can someone explain to me what are they building on that land or are they drilling for oil? I didn't understand that segment.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched the second episode and I'm still not sure what's going on or whose who.....

The characters are fun but it'd be nice to have some clear exposition laying out some basics......

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Not yet we can't, too soon to tell. But that was a much older Kelly Leak playing the HNIC in that scene.

14. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I saw that. Haha.. pretty cool.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Thumbs up. Not too easy to get into quickly. But you can tell it's going to get crazy.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well lol I guess people lost interest in this show.

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

By episode 3 you have to roll things along and give the audience a clear sense of direction and overall premise. That's almost a third of the season and still no real sense of what's going on. Also, more character introductions do not help.

In comparison to other successful AMC shows that this hopes to emulate, by episode 3:

Breaking Bad - Walter and Jesse are contemplating killing Krazy-8.
    Mad Men - Don is pitching the legendary WV "Think Small" campaign.
    The Walking Dead - Glenn takes Rick to the survivor's camp where he finds Lori, Carl, Shane and bunch of other important characters.

So far, the only thing the Preacher has established is the overall tone.

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Still watching, great Houston opening on the latest episode. Not digging all the uh, snuff stuff but willing to go with the shows creators on the ride. If it moves too slow don't watch it now and binge it all once the seasons over..

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Its been awful. no progress in the last 2 episodes made in any story line really. nothing revealed. total wastes of episodes.

20. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

The Tulip character is starting to bore / annoy me. Not sure if it is the actress or just the comic book character. Still enjoying the show overall.