1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets insist fatigue isn't a factor in Warriors series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 27, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...tigue-isn-t-a-factor-in-Warriors-12947989.php

Rockets insist fatigue isn't a factor in Warriors series
    By Jonathan Feigen, Houston Chronicle

Published 7:45 pm, Sunday, May 27, 2018
    [​IMG]

Though the Rockets had trimmed their rotation to just seven players, with Luc Mbah a Moute just barely getting in the mix with Chris Paul out, they insisted fatigue did not play a part in their Game 6 loss or would in their chances to pull off a Game 7 win.

"Fatigue is never a factor in the playoffs," Rockets forward Trevor Ariza said. "This is what we prepare for. This is what we work hard all summer for. They started playing harder. They started making shots. That's it."

Though the Warriors have played a deeper rotation, even with starting forward Andre Iguodala out, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Stephen Curry have all played more minutes per game than any Rockets player. P.J. Tucker has played an average of 37.9 minutes per game to lead the Rockets.

"You've kind of got to look at it," Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said. "You realize that Golden State's Big Four plays more minutes than our guys. It's kind of a misconception. We're only playing seven, but I can divide up the seventh player within three players and it's, 'Oh you have a big rotation,' but the same guys are going to play the same minutes. Trevor is trying to mirror (Kevin) Durant, so if Durant plays 41, Trevor is going to play about that."

With Chris Paul out, James Harden and Eric Gordon especially played through longer stretches.

"This is the Conference Finals," Tucker said. "If you're tired, you're in the wrong profession, period."

dragonwill, BigMaloe and hajkov like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rockets are lying.

DD

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

PJ Tucker channeling his inner Kevin McHale. ;)

napalm06 and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Future coach confirmed.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It was pretty obviously they were gassed.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

it's a shame when you cant believe what your team and players say...

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The difference Mike, is that if you're running a 7 man rotation, and somebody gets injured - then you're screwed cause nobody is ready to step in... and as MDA has said, regarding Harden, taking a few games off can just destroy your rhythm and timing... what about a guy that hasn't gotten any real minutes for weeks or a month?

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All those slow rotations leaving Clay and Steph wide open........

DD

12. Misa

Misa Member

I thought we had a deep bench and Dantoni just plays 7 man rotation againts Worriers are u kidding me, ofc they gonna get tired, its like almost playing the entire 48 mins on a high level

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

“We’re not tired. Fatigue isn’t a factor.”

Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother: “LIAR!”

“We can each play 48 minutes....MORE, if we hit overtime....”

Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother: “LI-ar!”

14. ApuN

ApuN Member

D'Anotni plays short playoff rotations period

It is the MAIN reason why he has never been to the finals let alone won any rings

The guy is obsessed with this BS

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I've always been against MDA on his rotations and big minutes for his main players, but people need to realize some of our players can't just play at this level, you won't beat the Warriors by putting out there black holes like Ryan (especially at home where he's completely useless) and Iso Joe, they would get killed on defense in every single possession as soon as they get in. Nene is pretty much done for this level of intensity. The only player we're really missing is Luc, but because of his shoulder he can't buy a basket to save his life, and to beat the Warriors yeah, you also need to score, can't afford to have a Roberson out there.

I mean, i would say that playing Luc might still be an option cause he still gives you great defense, but the reality is that we've been not very lucky, Wright got injured, Joe turned out to be washed...but in the end, to beat the Warriors we have to play at our best, and playing guys like Joe and Ryan means we're not playing at our best at this point.

I don't blame MDA for the short rotation, maybe he should play Luc more and bet on him? Probably, i'd be fine with that, but aside of that yeah, i'm pretty sure a lot of people would regret having Ryan, Nene or Joe out there, even for 3 minutes, that's enough time for the Warriors to make a run.

#15 Vivi, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So you think that Ryan Anderson, iso Joe, and Nene can handle all the switching with the Warriors?? Face it, the Warriors and their style of play makes it really hard for us to play certain guys.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Exactly and well-said - Luc turning into Andre Roberson is what is going to kill us here. I would even venture to say this his suffering 2 dislocated shoulders has been the biggest injury problem for us in these playoffs.

D-rock and Game7 like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Especially considering it happened because he attempted a big (and useless) dunk against a lottery team in a meaningless game...

19. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

In the off-season, we really need a backup PG and better backup 3-D wings.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

Of course they are going to say that.

My eye balls tell me they are tired though.

Stormy1234 likes this.