1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muller indicts 13 Russians for Election Interference / Wire Fraud

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Feb 16, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact isn't that we don't know how to prevent it, it's that Trump hasn't even asked the FBI to make any attempts to prevent it.

Yes, the level of sanctions against Russia hasn't prevented them. So it is best to amp them up and put more pressure on them.

To date, Trump has done nothing but praise the Russians. He hasn't taken any actions to ramp up the pressure on them, nor has he asked the FBI to even focus on preventing future attempts to interfere with our elections.

He is not looking weak but he is acting weak. It is a horrible way to portray our nation.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It has become abundantly clear that Trump's campaign was riddled with people working with and for Russian interests.

Amiga, B-Bob, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"Wasn't I a great candidate?"

:eek: What in the ever loving hell is wrong with you, bro?

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump is like smart, so he has a good chance of figuring it out.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#BeWell

B-Bob and Amiga like this.
  7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Will most definitely go down as the smartest, best looking and greatest candidate in history.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  9. No Worries

The Florida school shooting is all about Donald J. Trump.
    The Mueller investigation is all about Donald J. Trump.
    FBI made a mistake? That's all about the FBI.

Someone needs to show Trump the FBI org chart. Methinks he would be surprised who is at the very top.

10. No Worries

Obama just did not do enough! Glad Trump is doing more.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh... he repeats this story today...

And what did trump do?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/29/politics/trump-russia-sanctions/index.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. No Worries

Trump gotta Trump

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Note the word you used: Russians. Not Russia. There isn't anything in this indictment against Russia, yet the media is talking about it as if it does. As with JuanValdez, we need to see what money changed hands, etc. But, at this point, all we have is a group of people who happen to be Russians, using Facebook. There isn't any connection here to Russia, much less to Trump. As such...for all those screaming out about Trump not condemning Russia...condemn them for what, exactly?

Now, I'm not saying there isn't a Russia connection, just that these indictments don't contain one yet. Russia, and most of Eastern Europe, is a hotbed for hackers. It really isn't surprising that this is where they came from, even without any connection back to the Russian government. So, we need to see more. Until then, all this is is an indictment of a group of people using Facebook who happened to live in Russia.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

At least one of the person indicted is known to be part of Putin's inner circle. Our Intel has said repeatedly that the Russian interference into our election goes all the way to the top, and that it will happen again in 2018 midterm. There is clear connection.

Not just condemn them for their interference but take action to protect our election, and as POTUS, to stop spreading Russian propaganda that is being used to divide us and spread hatred among us.

I'm a bit surprise you are taking this stance.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If you assume Russia is like a fully modern democracy, I can see making the point that influential Russian actors and organizations do not necessarily reflect the will of the government.

If you assume Russia is actually like modern Russia, however, you have a harder hill to climb. It's an authoritarian regime, looking more and more like an old school near monarchy.

"Russians" aren't spending millions of dollars in the US to influence our elections just for the LULZ, in my opinion.

Deckard, FranchiseBlade and Amiga like this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I assume these documents are very carefully crafted not to antagonize the wrong person prematurely. I think Mueller very intentionally didn't say anything in the indictment about Trump or the campaign or any other American -- not because there are no connections -- because it isn't time to open a broadside on them yet. Same with Russia; he might later try to prove direct involvement, but doesn't want to invoke that name until he's ready to throw down the proof. We have been told from other sources (national intel agencies) that the social media campaign was definitely Russian government. So I'm going with that as a working theory.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The FBI has testified under oath that they have intercepted communications of Putin ordering the intrusion into our election. There is no doubt that Putin and the Russian govt. is guilty of this.

But if you are talking only about these indictments, then I would agree with you.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Where has this been proven about the FBI and Putin??

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I believe it was in the testimony of Jeh Johnson. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where in the Youtube video it is. It's long but goes over not just this but a lot of information about the Russian interference.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4674...ecurity-secretary-jeh-johnson-testified-house

Much time has passed now, and I was covering a lot of information about this. You could also check out the testimony of Admiral Rogers, James Comey, and Sally Yates. It's possible that it was in the testimony of one of those people, though. I've posted it before on these boards. Perhaps you could search it. But I think it was from Jeh Johnson's testimony.

peleincubus likes this.