1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe we should start over.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Which would be the better option for you?

1. Stay the course with James Harden.

70 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. Try to land Ben Simmons with everything the team's got.

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I like this team and it pains me to say this, but I don't believe that any of us like what we see here. In Ben Simmons, I believe that we're seeing a generational player. How many of you would be in favor of trying to get him for Harden?

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

sweet thread

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Throw all your chips in on non-guaranteed thing? There's no confirming that Ben Simmons will even sniff a fraction of James Harden ability much less pan out to any kind of superstar. The NBA is a whole different animal compared to anything else and unless this guys has the pre-scouting report of a Lebron James or Kevin Durant, he probably isn't all that. Even the Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker will probably not amount to anything much.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

Ben Simmons the next Rudy Gay

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

So who are we trading with? Simmon's NCAA team?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at people actually bringing up starting over. I guess they don't realize what it takes to actually build a legit contender.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

what's the point in working hard to make the 8th seed and play only 4 more games?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats the point of having 29 other teams in the NBA then

9. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

the only way I would start over is if Philly trades us Okafor n unprotected first round pick

10. Raven

Raven Member

Ridiculous thread is ridiculous. Harden is a top five player (when motivated) and is just entering his prime. Things will have to get much worse before the Rockets consider trading him. As for as not being motivated, that's on Harden and the coaching staff.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden for Cousins

12. jevjnd

It's not a guarantee that we could get the requisite pick, but if you read and understood, you'd realize that it's a proposal for the team that will have the pick required to get him.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither.

You have to keep Harden but also add more.

14. jevjnd

I think your post is ridiculous. You can't get a transcendent player after they've started their career and you have to give a lot to get a lot. Trading at rock bottom is unlikely to get you good returns either. Think.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah how's that Philly tank going so far

how in the hell can we tank at this point

17. jevjnd

There are no guarantees. Just like last year there was no guarantee that Harden would be as good of a defender as he was last year. You're right. You're also right there you can't confirm that at this stage, but if the opportunity was there, and he turns out to be 80% of what Lebron is, are you saying that you wouldn't have regretted passing up on the opportunity, assuming that it will be there? Andrew Wiggins never had the skills this guy has. We all knew Wiggins was raw. If you didn't know it at the time, then that would make you pretty ill-informed.

18. jevjnd

Maybe it's the person that can't read that's stupid. This isn't a proposal to tank. We can give it everything we have this year and still trade Harden later. Are you not able to process possibilities in your mind? Work with me here. This isn't difficult to do.

19. jevjnd

Another one that doesn't get it. Simmons isn't in the league. He just looks great and has some real skills along with physical tools. I'm not saying we should tank. What I'm saying is that after the season, we might look at making a trade centered around Harden (that's likely what it would take and you're not getting a Ben Simmons type player without a very real price, but if it's possible, now's the time) in the hopes of landing Ben Simmons.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Only if the Lakers or the Celtics get Simmons that would be possible to explore. The 76ers most likely won't make such a trade. Unless they can trade the rest of their talent for another star like Cousins which is highly unlikely. Tanking teams will find it difficult to retain Harden after his 2 year contract expires.