1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [Season 11]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigben69, Jan 7, 2016.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've enjoyed the experimental episodes this season, haven't seen the finale yet. I think it would have been easy for them to just do the same type of plots and formats.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I honestly thought this was one of the best seasons in their 12 year run. If Dennis is going away next year I have no idea how the show will roll. Could care less if Devito left, but Dennis is a must have character for the darkness alone.

CCity Zero and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. LonghornFan

Doesn't look promising.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...rton-might-be-done-with-Its-Always-Sunny.html

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

That was the finale? AND Dennis might not be back? DAMN now I'm bummed.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. This was an exceptionally strong season.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I don't disagree, I thought about it more after and it was great season, definitely better than a lot of the more recent seasons I can remember in some time.

And I agree, if he leaves... the show definitely won't be the same. I think it's interesting that the show was renewed for the 13th and 14th season but I'm not sure how they'd sustain it or top this season without him. I also loved that this season tied up a lot of the running jokes (Mac, waitress, etc).

I thought it was pretty funny on the Charlie scene since he's actually married to her in real life (well throughout most of the series, just great to finally wrap that up).

#86 CCity Zero, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They should just go on that hiatus. Moving on without the Dennis character would be suicide. Let him go do his thing, for a year, that show isn't going to get picked up, lulz.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

just want to say thanks for not spoiling anything in the episode (even though it'd be totally fine if you did--I'm the one who came into the thread). I thought I was caught up on my DVR and realized after reading everything that I probably didn't check late enough last night. Haven't seen the finale yet

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah... I have a feeling you're right. I read a brief synopsis and I don't think it'll hold up.. I haven't seen the Mick yet, but it just got renewed.

I think Howerton is honestly a bit bitter since they moved them to FXX a couple years ago, if you look at their ratings/numbers it cut them in 1/2 due to not everyone having the channel. I think numbers online probably still look good, especially since renewed till 14th season, but I know I read somewhere they weren't happy with the move. I mean FX has shows on it that have less viewers than Always Sunny on FXX.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

yeah, I tried to be careful, I mean I know this isn't some crazy drama show, but this last episode is definitely worth watching without knowing anything about it.

LonghornFan likes this.
  11. LonghornFan

Lots of Wtf surprises. I thought it was excellent.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree! Such a great episode (and you were right on the season too)! Hopefully this hiatus isn't too long, but honestly I don't know what could top this, I mean this season really did a lot to move things along.

On a side note, I've been super busy lately and this damn car project I've finally finished was a mess (my avatar/picture is the block on the engine I just finished tonight!!, it was supposed to be just a head gasket but a lot more went wrong and then crazy year so far w/ work/family/UT well school ... so I didn't get the time like I planned to make this a quick car project). Note to self and all, bigger car projects are not easy if you are forced to take unexpected breaks (sorry for the bunny trail) ...

Anyway this season went by way too fast and I had to think about the episodes. It's like I've been on autopilot, I was really surprised it was 10 already, kind of bittersweet but definitely an awesome finale.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Got caught up and saw the finale yesterday, seems like they left a possible door for him going MIA. Still think this is one of the better seasons overall.

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

One of the funniest shows on TV but don't care if Dennis/Dee leave or stay.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ Season 13 Moving Forward With or Without Glenn Howerton

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/it...-release-date-2018-glenn-howerton-1201899154/

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dennis walked out the door and moved to another state or something to be with his kid. So Always Sunny could have a full season with references to Dennis without actually having him play any sort of role...

I hope he returns though...

17. theimpossibles1

Dennis is the best character!

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I really enjoyed most of the series but its getting time for them to shut it down.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah just keep it going. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Best of both worlds. NEXT.

20. LonghornFan

Strongly disagree especially after the last season. It's still the funniest comedy on tv, nothing even comes close.

RedRedemption and Blatz like this.