1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has late night tv always been this politically involved?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Fallon ratings have dropped and Colbert has gone up. It seems people want more politics and that is what those guys are delivering.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Late night shows aren't news, genius.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell that to your president, since he gets most of his news for a daytime talk show.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN and late night talk shows used to be a staple in my programming.

Now it is HGTV and watching poker tournaments.

marky :) likes this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but amateur youtube videos and posts on the_donald are? Isn't that where you get all your news and talking points from?

R0ckets03 likes this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Don't forget about twitter.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What does that have to do with late night tv? Quit changing the subject.

8. dmoneybangbang

TV is based off of ratings and people love to make fun of Trump. Seems pretty self explanatory.....

[​IMG]

.... I mean seriously?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Day time tv programm
    I think people like RL don't understand the comedy gold mind that happens when a man horrendously over his head is put in charge of the world's most powerful nation.

10. TheresTheDagger

I'm fairly certain if late night was a constant bashing of liberals you wouldn't feel the same. Enjoy I guess.

See above.

Also, how if your premise is true that younger america is informing itself via late night comedians then I weep for our future.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Because people tune in either to agree or be offended

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That wasn't my premise at all. My premise is that its better to laugh about the situation going on rather than burying your head in the sand. People are informing themselves on the issues and enjoying to comedic commentary as a result.

Also Late Night talks shows aren't real news, but are just as newsworthy as plenty of other "News" networks

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im fairly certain that if i did not like something i would not waste my time watching it.

ive always found fox news to be biased garbage so i dont pay attention to it. i find jimmy fallon to be unfunny and lame so i dont pay attention to him.

65% of the country is opposed to trump...strictly from a ratings perspective its smart to make fun of him. trump has been the best thing to happen to them in years.

stop being such a snowflake and grow up.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Maybe the Donald can stop being such a dumb ****...?

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

massive echo chamber and form of propaganda but they won't admit it because they are "fighting" the bad guy. doing bad things for good reasons is still doing bad things. that and it's not funny which sort of defeats the purpose of being a comedian. unfunny comedian is literally one of the worst things.

16. ipaman

well about that... sure might be all we need but not get it. if you haven't heard, government about to fack up that **** too!

17. hlcc

hlcc Member

That's not idiotic rhetoric though; the most important tax change for the rich is the new 25% tax rate for pass-through profits (versus the current 39.6% rate). The vast majority of all profits generated by pass-through companies goes to the rich, with a incredibly disproportionate % going to very few uber rich families & individuals. I just met with my tax planner last week regarding the tax reform and apparently I'm going to save more than $200K in taxes per year; that's nothing compared to what Trump & his family will save.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pretty simple, comrade.

This is what happens when deplorable Americans make the biggest blunder in our history and elect the most comically unfit buffoon ever to disgrace the presidency and diminish our nation.

COMEDY GOLD

CometsWin likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So what are these 'bad things'?

20. ipaman

i sear i have to explain everything to you like a child. this is a recurring theme with you.

the bad things are using a late night comedy platform to push politically propaganda. they think they are heroes and doing a good thing but it's really not. tons of obvious reasons it does more bad than good.