1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Choke City Returns........

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 16, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We deserve to lose if we believe in Yankee mystique.

roxallways likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

:(

3. payaso

payaso Member

You've been on this board for far too long to post something this bad. Can you honestly say you see anything different between this team in the clutch and the other 100-plus win team that gagged it to the friggin' PADRES in '98? Or the year before when they faced the Braves?

Astros are the Astros... they wither under the bright lights.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is truly dumb that the lower seed gets Game 5

5. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Ive seen and been through all of it. Choke job or not, you don't call yourself a die hard Stros wishing your team to lose 4 straight games to the f-ing Yankees so you can feel better.

I stand by my reply post. Dude has pissed me the f off with his troll posting since we were up 2-0

DonKnock and Houstunna like this.
  6. vonbock

vonbock Member

Hey , maybe he sees something you don't. I was stupid enough to get into the hype after game 2 when everyone on here said the astros were going to world series and we were going to sweep the Yankees. Deep down I was worried about 1st 2 games the astros got lucky and won. They could have easily lost the 1st 2 games and got swept. This is same result for every astros team. The offense goes dead in the playoffs. Even 2005 the offense was terrible and we were lucky to get to the world series. Now I should have not gotten into the hype and told everyone after game 1 that the astros were going to be the same astros every playoff. Offense goes dead.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I saw the signs in the first 2 games. Hell....I actually saw it in game 3 of the redsox series. The hitters were non-existent in certain situations. It is the same choke factor the bagwell/biggio teams had. Pitchers would show up, but the hitting didn’t.

They choked like all Astros teams do...in basically the same way. They cannot get clutch hits consistently.

lw17 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No one is wishing anything. It is what is. Astros not hitting the ball has nothing to do with a post on a message board.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. vonbock

vonbock Member

Also, Josh Roddick should be ashamed of himself. You can celebrate with his goofy Speedos but cannot get 1 hit in this series. Instead of worrying about his partying , he should be more worried about his hitting.

Dopamine and lw17 like this.
  10. payaso

payaso Member

Squeezing bat handles into sawdust, working and not playing the game, obviously having zero fun... is there anything worse than a season-ending slump?
    Somewhere, Roger Clemens is writing his condolences to JV.
    "Pitch your best, buddy... there's room for you in the Bronx after this."

vonbock likes this.
  11. vonbock

vonbock Member

Randy Johnson left after 6 months after what happened in the playoffs. I wonder if verlander is thinking that right now.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What teams have truly been screwed by that?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well....the Astros are looking like one, for starters.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Many times, it's said having 3 games in-a-row is a disadvantage because it's hard to win all three.

Astros are just choking. They barely won either of their home games, then get trashed on the road.

Don't let 2-3-2 justify this epic embarrassment.

15. vonbock

vonbock Member

And keuchel was complaining that we needed more arms at the trade deadline. Did that help any if offense can't score a run.

16. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Bullpen let the team down yesterday so arms would have helped there.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not, but it's certainly looking like a factor.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Came on to say something similar. I was amazed at how terrible the offense was in the Bags/Biggio era in the playoffs. This looks exactly the same. Outside of Correa, Altuve, and Gurriel this team is like 3/100 or something ridiculous in this series. I am seriously having PTSD and waiting for Derek Bell to come on deck.....

19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

What is it about Houston Sports and going out in a whimper in the playoffs? Rockets at home vs the Spurs in game 6, that one loss from the Texans where we lost 30-0 a couple of years ago, and bats going absolutely ice cold against the Yankees in the ALCS?

20. payaso

payaso Member

I'll say this much- the Astros org DESPERATELY needs Ichiro to slap on a 'Stros warmup jacket, make a pre-game clubhouse visit and let loose with one of his legendary rants about "f*ing up dem M*F*ing <Yankees>!!!" - they need a laugh and the energy.