1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we really going to sign Cp3 to a supermax

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, May 21, 2018.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

For Chris Paul??? I sincerely doubt Morey is going to make him do the leg work on finding out his value on the open market. I think a 5 year max, with the last 2 years being team options is the ONLY offer on the table. Anything else would be an insult honestly.

topfive likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wanted to say Lebron can choose, Houston is passive, they have to wait if they really want him.

3. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

WE SHOULD GO FOR PAUL GEORGE AND GET BEVERLEY BACK WE SHOULD BE FINE AND EVEN BETTER..CP3 WILL NOT BE GOOD AFTER THIS YEAR AND WILL HAVE SERIOUS INJURY ISSUES

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

no

5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

prove me wrong CP3

AB423 likes this.
  6. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

If we win tonight .... it’s because of .........

7. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

we need to win the title this season. cp3 won't be the same after this season. our window is NOW.

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Pls King BABA show everyone why you deserve the max.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah look at next game Cp3 with a hamstring non-contact injury. You keep forgetting Cp3 is not Lebron, his body is breaking down. What guarantee do you have he will be healthy next year? The Rox are top heavy cuz we have Ryan Anderson making 20M, when push comes to shove MDA has to play 7 guys only in must win games and Cp3's durability is a huge concern. Team option? LOL you think Cp3 will agree to a team option? That is like an unguaranteed contract when the last time a superstar agreed to a team option?

I agree with you if Cp3 is healthy he is the best fit for the Rox. But given his age no way should he get the supermax. 20-25M max.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

A couple of things. One, I agree with you that I would prefer the Rockets either give him the max on a shorter deal (2-3 years) or less money on a longer deal. I also never said that CP3 is a pillar of health. He’s had injury concerns his entire career.

However, given his importance to this team, and his fit in D’Antoni’s offense, the Rockets would be fools to let him walk this summer unless your objective is to take a major step back after a season like this. Bringing CP3 back is a risk the Rockets have to take.

jcf likes this.
  12. threepointshot3

3 year max with a team option for the 3 rd year.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Man, I was all set to complain that we're hamstrung by Ryno's contract. And now the metaphor is ruined.

roslolian likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not my money, pay him whatever.

DD

topfive likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all, it's actually your money where do you think the NBA revenue comes from?

Secondly there's a thing called the salary cap if you don't understand that you really shouldn't be commenting on player salary. That's like a blind person critiquing your painting wtf.

16. Fantasma Negro

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Max is still a believer. good for him.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Good thing Beverley is never injured, right?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

It’s def not unlikely that someone (Kings) take on Anderson’s contract. Anderson is a good player that just got hurt and lost all of his confidence at the wrong time. And Ariza and Capela won’t be gone if CP resigns and LBJ joins the squad. We have Ariza’s bird rights and can match anything Capela is offered. However, only way we can add LBJ is if CP takes a minor paycut and Anderson is traded. Other than that we can’t do too much.

20. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Ariza Tucker