1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jungle Book vs Robin Hood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 1, 2010.

Tags:
?

Jungle Book or Robin Hood?

1. Jungle Book - its all about the bear necessities

44 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Robin Hood - oodalalee!!

36 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

You know,

I was thinking about this earlier. Definitely choose the Jungle Book.

Also, do y'all watch Burn Notice? Ever think that Bruce Campbell aka Sam Axe (aka Chuck Finley) sounds exactly like Baloo?

2. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Ragnar Danneskjold: "But I’ve chosen a special mission of my own. I’m after a man whom I want to destroy. He died many centuries ago, but until the last trace of him is wiped out of men’s minds, we will not have a decent world to live in."

Hank Rearden: "What man?"

Ragnar: "Robin Hood."

Ragnar: ". . . [Robin Hood] is not remembered as a champion of property, but as a champion of need, not as a defender of the robbed, but as a provider of the poor. He is held to be the first man who assumed a halo of virtue by practicing charity with wealth which he did not own, by giving away goods which he had not produced, by making others pay for the luxury of his pity. He is the man who became a symbol of the idea that need, not achievement, is the source of rights, that we don’t have to produce, only to want, that the earned does not belong to us, but the unearned does. He became a justification for every mediocrity who, unable to make his own living, had demanded the power to dispose of the property of his betters, by proclaiming his willingness to devote his life to his inferiors at the price of robbing his superiors. It is this foulest of creatures – the double-parasite who lives on the sores of the poor and the blood of the rich – whom men have come to regard as the moral idea." ". . . Do you wonder why the world is collapsing around us? That is what I am fighting, Mr. Rearden. Until men learn that of all human symbols, Robin Hood is the most immoral and the most contemptible, there will be no justice on earth and no way for mankind to survive."

From Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged

3. conquistador#11

I'd go with Robin hood. Nothing like the disney classics. Technology has destroyed the purity of animation. What was the last great animated film with great vocals? Anastasia? And they made the bolsheviks look awfully bad in the opening scene. :(

But yes, Robin hood over Jungle book!

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Tie ballgame! :grin: 17-17.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Robin Hood with a strong showing from the 5:00-6:00 crowd.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

looks like i broke the tie with my vote for Robin Hood. i know we had both movies growing up but, outside of knowing the characters, i really don't remember almost anything about the jungle book (i know Baloo was funny but i can't remember anything he said), whereas we watched Robin Hood a bunch and i can remember a bunch of scenes ("who's driving this flying umbrella!"). i remember it being pretty funny so i had to go with the Hood.

edit: and we're back to the 19-19 tie.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Jungle Book has always been my favorite Disney movie.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

DAMMIT you guys its still deadlocked

I came here because my other rough straw poll ended in a 6-6 tie (out of those who cared to vote)

hopefully it doesnt remain a tie tonight when i get home and sit down in front of the tube

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I liked Robin Hood more as a kid, but thinking back at it the Jungle Book as better songs.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Looks like you're going to just have to flip a coin.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I'd say Jungle book if I had to choose between those.

Aladdin was always my favorite Disney animation

12. robgue

robgue Member
    Supporting Member

Robin Hood.
    I always thought Jungle Book left me hanging there at the end. :confused:

1 person likes this.
  13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, I had no idea Walt would stoop this low. I fell like I've been duped. Is this what they call reanimation.

14. The_Yoyo

nah this is reanimation:

[​IMG]

its probably one of my favorite albums because it contains a lot of the music artists i like though I am not a big fan of linkin park in general

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Aren't you Indian? Brush up on your culture man!

[​IMG]

16. The_Yoyo

I think i may have seen that already

besides the Jungle Book does take place in India

Rock On Hanuman!

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6308962&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6308962&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/6308962">MC Yogi - Rock On Hanuman, Live @ Toby's</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/mcyogi">MC Yogi</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Robin Hood, but only because I read the original Jungle Books by Kipling and didnt like the adaptation. I also really liked the songs out of Robin Hood, while Bare Necessities only sticks with me from Jungle Book.

18. Dei

Dei Member

Jungle Book's a more gripping, cerebral story. Robin Hood's more actiony.

19. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Whhhhhooooaaaaa... that's trippy.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You have an endearingly young and innocent soul, Yoyo. Personally I would go with Aladdin or Little Mermaid, or maybe light some pumpkin-scented candles, take a bubble bath with the "Gaston" song on a constant loop (how do you not love a good waltz?).