1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 8/4/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 3, 2020.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The best way to beat us is to double-team Harden. If you take him out of the game enough, he'll eventually go cold with his 3pt shooting. It forces Westbrook to either go up with a contested layup, or it forces him to take the dumb shots he did at the end, or it forces him to pass it out to our inconsistent shooters. Westbrook has to do better when he knows Harden's getting double-teamed. Harden is giving you a 4 on 3 situations most plays, so I have no clue why we can't take advantage of it most plays.

We just don't have the supporting cast to cope with the double-teaming for Harden. We're just heavily dependent on Harden hitting 40 to 50 points most nights to get us consistent wins. MDA has relied on that too much these past 2 years.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

You could sleep for 100 years and those things still wouldn't happen. Dude's defensive IQ is definitely below average.

3. Mr. Space City

something has to be done with the officiating. maybe d'antoni has to eat a fine, i dunno, but these 3 rockets games have been some of the worst officiated games in the bubble.

seeing the inconsistency play out from game to game is remarkable to watch.

like the refs literally change the rule book from game to game. what is an offensive foul in 1 game is a defensive foul the next. what is a continuation in one game is a foul on the floor the next. i just want consistency, that's all i ask.

bro2044 and D-rock like this.
  4. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

You shut up fool my opinion

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tonight was not a blowout.

Patience and SORF like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

I watched 40 minutes of this game so I know you're wrong on this. You're confusing the times he wasn't doubled, he just had a player guarding his left, and he waited for a screen, which ended up being a trap/double.

That's just such a weird way to deal w/ a defender guarding your dominant hand. Maybe he was told not to dribble? I have no idea why they did this but that's what I saw again and again.

7. SORF

SORF Member

"Even a pig finds a truffle now and then". And even Melo has a good game now and then. But in the game of basketball, Melo is becoming a pig player. It's time he hangs it up before he embarrasses himself and his legacy. JMO

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

How many times have we heard this before.

Get in the postseason first.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We need Gordon back and we need him to hit wide open 3s.

Patience, HP3, amaru and 1 other person like this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

ive said dantoni is trying to get paid like mchale off of hardens sheer greatness. Tillman isnt as dumb as Less

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden was trapped, doubled and soft doubled.

He saw ancouple of single covers and burned them.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilman is a cheap MFer.

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I have no faith in Gordon's 3pt shooting. He's been shooting around 24% from the 3pt line in his last 15 games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Haters are like fleas.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Of course you are, it's a loss.

Leech.

Remlap likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If you are going to get crushed on the boards (64-39), you have to win the free-throw, three-point and turnover categories to make up the difference. Tonight, the Rockets won the three-point line by 21 points, but only forced two more Blazers’ turnovers and had five fewer points from the free-throw line.

D-rock and amaru like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

We also could use a “J.J. Reddick” at some point in the future.

18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I've been right about the weaknesses every single season so far, but you die-hards can keep going. Remember when the Rockets used to blow teams out? That time is far over. Every game is going to be close because of the shitty perimeter defense, rebounding, and many more glaring holes. You guys can celebrate a victory over the Mavs like they didn't just lose to the Suns and almost to the Kings and to the Bucks who were missing Eric Bledsoe. I'd like to have higher expectations for a team than just barely skating by.

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden sat out like 15 minutes between 3rd and 4th because he had 5 fouls.

FIVE. FOULS.

WestendMassive, D-rock and linvetb6 like this.
  20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

He does. MDA is just a terrible coach.