1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

shocking :eek:

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I might be off with my thinking, but it seems like we can infer that when deaths are sustained above 40 per week then something is abnormal. Based on the other chart that would seem to be the first week of September 2019.

heypartner likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

To clarify, I meant the "recommended" clause. If people see "recommended," it'll be hard to convince people to make appointments or wear face masks. Hair would just fall on the masks, and you'll probably need to take the mask off anyway, so that areas around the ears are easier to get to.

So when you walk into a salon on the 8th, it might as well be like pre-Covid days, where guidelines aren't necessarily followed.

Point is, there's no reason to put "recommended," as people most likely aren't going to follow unrequired rules.

Gotcha. Didn't think about the other aspects of a salon, like dyeing hair and more complex stuff.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm confused as to what the tweet's conclusion seems to imply. "Staying at home, kills."

Personally, I'm doubtful that people, when asked, are 100% truthful about where they've been, what they've been up to, etc. Some, out of fear of getting into trouble for being somewhere they shouldn't be. Some, to protect the people in their lives. Some, who consider getting groceries and doing daily outdoor routines as still "staying indoors," for the most part. Etc.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^THIS^

If anyone thinks it's ok to let the eye teardrop dude out while locking up Susie Hairdresser trying to feed her family, then we're just not going to agree on this subject.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

So if it said required do you think it would be that much easier for people to do so regardless? To me if someone is going to wear a mask they are going to do so bc they’re Generally cautious of what’s going on. And that’s regardless of someone telling them to do so or not. Don’t forget months ago people outside the medical field were told not to where masks. Making appointments Wasn’t/isn’t an option everywhere. It’ll just help to alleviate some potential traffic now in this case so that people aren’t just sitting side by side

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

from wiki

Mikovits has gained attention on social media for promoting her ideas about the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. She does not believe that a vaccine is needed to prevent COVID-19, and claims that the coronavirus was "caused by a bad strain of flu vaccine that was circulating between 2013 and 2015".[3] One of her videos about the coronavirus pandemic was fact-checked by the website Maldita.es [es], which rated some of her claims as either false or not based in evidence.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robbie380 and B-Bob like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

just like with anything else, people will believe what they believe. plenty of examples of this around here

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

careful. you might rattle some folks that look down upon looking after family as a high priority

she turned into a murderer overnight according to @SamFisher on top of this. So crazy!

#7371 YOLO, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The problem is theres definitely a case for reopening certain limited spaces in the correct circumstances, but the Incelfowars halfwits like @YOLO instead turn it into yet another insane all or nothing braveheart speech culture war, which just entrenches opposition and creates more distraction.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

What? If it said required, people will come into a salon wearing a mask. If it was merely "recommended," people might not wear a mask when they go into a salon, because of the obvious reasons. Hair falling on mask, stylist needing the customer to constantly adjust the mask. Some other reasons that might compromise the integrity of the face covering.

Because it's only "recommended," people might take this opportunity to NOT wear a mask. To some, a relaxation of the rules will mean that this virus is less prevalent than before or something.

Point is, they should just require people to wear some sort of facial covering. Be it a proper face mask or an old bandana lying around the house. Anything that protect the stylist and the customer. Don't know why they're going with "recommended."

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

There was already a ton of backlash about it when it was "required" for the month of may. Personally, it's a good idea to wear one there to me but I wouldn't say if it says required every single person is going to wear one that doesn't want to in the first place is what im saying.

15. Buck Turgidson

If anyone's interested in a Southbound and Down, Smokey y el Bandito type scenerio, let's talk.

Mexico is days away from running out of beer, the country's brewers' association is warning.

Brewing is not among the industries which the government declared essential and therefore had to halt production at the end of March.

"There's no production, there's no distribution, we're not producing a single beer," said Karla Siqueiros, president of Brewers of Mexico.

Siqueiros said she did not have an estimate of how many beers were left in supermarkets and shops, but that she had already received reports of prices shooting up as speculators took advantage of shortages.

She reassured beer lovers that brewers were poised to restart production as soon as they were allowed to by the government - but cautioned that she had not been given any hint as to when that could be.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world...b2cf226b7a9b06537a5f7a&pinned_post_type=share

Deckard, B-Bob and Surfguy like this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm game but we have to bring back Corona the killer whale who is not doing so well in the confines of a dilapidated Mexican aquarium tank. Ten four good buddy! I've got the metal to the pedal and the thing to the floor!

Astrodome and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’d be rioting at the capital if we didn’t have beer.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You no down with the Claws? I'm in the Truly gang. It ate my beer belly so we bros.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

My wife still lets me on top.

Nook and daywalker02 like this.
  20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So now the Doctors are thinking had it way earlier than he showed symptoms and was already on his way to getting better, because he tested negative today. They'll retest tomorrow, but he's been 100X better. It may be the Remdesivir, but most likely he was getting better already OR the Doctors said its not uncommon to have two viruses making someone sick...and his bad symptoms may have been from a secondary infection while the COVID was already on its way out. They had him on antibiotics just in case he had a secondary bacterial lung infection, which he gets easily as he is quadriplegic. I was allegedly wrong on my timing, however, and they had started the Remdesivir before Sunday...Sunday was the 5th dose.

They are not ruling out, however, that the Remdesivir might have kicked its ass.

They almost were thinking he was false positive initially since he turned around so fast, but he tested positive twice.

B-Bob and LonghornFan like this.