1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

D Nice is killing it with his IG party. Hit 100K people. Mark Zuckerberg, Janet Jackson, Oprah, Joe Biden, Rihanna, Missy Elliott, Stevie Wonder, Janet, Bernie Sanders and a host of other celebrities.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Reassuring to hear that this isn't a debate for you. I'm glad we both express our view. Like I said earlier, you're probably one of my favorite posters on this site.

You've deflected the hypothetical grandma situation twice now, so I'll drop it.

I'll admit you're about my phone, I need to be better about cleaning it. Regarding what I touch in public, you're mistaken. I eliminate risks when I can. At work, I actually stick my hand in my shirt and pull the door open from my stomach like an baby alien is coming out of it. I touch the elevator buttons with my elbows. I touched anyone except my girlfriend in 2 weeks, so I'm being real when I say I'm avoiding risks most times and avoiding the keypad and pump handle isn't out of the question. Full disclosure I did touch the ATM pad yesterday after doing some grocery shopping. I'm not perfect....yet. lol.

I guess I'm still trying to understand. Is it stupid that the people hoarded toilet paper, or is it stupid they hoarded period. Here's another example. I eat oatmeal from time to time. A big container of it will last me a few months. I bought two large containers yesterday. I don't plan on eating it that much unless things get bad. I usually only eat it when I'm on a health kick. I also bought a bag of potatoes. I don't plan on eating those unless I have to as well. Am I hoarding two containers of oatmeal and a bag of potatoes if there is someone else that loves potatoes and oatmeal and wants them today? The answer is probably, but I don't think I'm jerk or wrong for doing it. I took something I don't really need, and got a 6 month supply of oatmeal in case I need it.

Again, I don't condone the toilet paper hoarding but I can understand it, and if those people's fear causes them to quarantine for 3 months, then I think there is some good coming out it. We're splitting hairs here, because I think it's just a little justified and not 0% justified.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I too compare basketball teams with 1 game samples

JeeberD, malakas, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Arent we slowing down cause California and NY are now allocating tests only to patients that show severe symptoms? This graph means nothing. We are still getting boned. Saving tests for the severe symptomatic cause they are trying to preserve the shortage of medical gear for the front line nurses and docs in this powerhouse country is a goddam shame and embarrassing.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

If there’s a shelter in place called, am I allowed to cruise around in my golf cart with a drink? I won’t be touching anyone.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

There can be one day anomalies so don’t get too excited. Also there was a big backlog of tests that were waiting to get completed in the new high volume testing process that provided a jolt up.

don’t be surprised if it begins the upward trajectory again.

malakas, CCity Zero and ThatBoyNick like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wouldn't get excited at all, I can't fathom how the trajectory slows until we get a vaccine or herd immunity from over half the population becoming infected. It's just way too far out of control.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Agree. I think we can see some weird spikes. I would think that at the end of the 15 day quarantine it should start to level off.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The graph may end up looking like a large penis with balls. Then, we will be out of the wood(s). You see the first ball forming now.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

This is the hard hitting facts and statistics I come to this thread for.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I believe the testing mishaps have led to this unfortunate curve and there is hard Trump science behind my cocklusion. Time will tell and it might end up curving to the right a bit.

HP3 likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. HP3

HP3 Member

I have a counter point god sir would this cocklusion not be MUCH smaller if it were hard Trump science?

Surfguy and Hakeemtheking like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Houston needs your optimism like in the garm. Tell me everything is going to be fine and we are all overreacting. Htown hol it down.

Let me page the rest of the squad. @ostrigum @jordnnnn

Yung-T and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

To equate my optimism for the Rockets with a global pandemic truly takes a special, big brained kind of person LOL. :D

I can only hope that things go back to normal(and right now the chances that happens are slim to none) so you could go back to just giving me your bad, basketball opinions.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ohh sh*it
    you got coronavirus

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Got my son tested this morning. I feel so bad for him. The test sucks. Not sure when we'll get results because there's a backlog.

He's got a decent cough and alternates warm/feverish and not. Last night he sounded super wheezy bilaterally in his lungs, and his cough sounds a bit croupy.

He's probably going to be a negative, but we felt important to test him. Not sure if I'm off work until the results come back, but I feel I should be. I'll find out a bit later.

My wife and I feel fine except for nagging headcolds and a little burning in the throat and nose. No fever or coughs for us.

HP3, Yung-T, donkeypunch and 4 others like this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish you and yours well.

Should be okay because due to ages.

malakas and Two Sandwiches like this.