1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still support this team if James and Morey left?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jerryclark, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Would you still support this team if James and Morey left?

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
  1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Agreed! Could you imagine the shame? Wouldnt be able to look my son in the eye if I said otherwise

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Watching all yall true fans keep your word like tilmen. We'll see bros

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

it would be difficult because I would be angry an all time great in his prime got ran out of town by a trash owner. i hate seeing talent wasted especially if its on MY team. id have no reason to believe we would ever be contenders again while he is here because turning as much profit as he can is his only concern. if you can't go all in with two hall of famers on your roster, then when will you ?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i already don't watch games, but that's more because of the product as a whole under silver.

i am a fan of the rockets, tho will not support in terms of watching games. won't ever be a fan of another nba team, but tillmen is making it difficult to like the team.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It would be like the Astros with McLane after Hunsicker quit in 2005. You know the organization is rotten from the inside out and needs a reboot. So the best way to support your hometown would be to root for empty seats in the stands and as much losing as possible to shake the ownership and get them to sell the team to somebody who IS willing to instill the proper philosophy for a consistently contending franchise. It's not all about the results, but if the process makes your stomach turn then you as a fan have a moral imperative to withhold your patronage and hope the team sucks short term for its longer term viability.

jerryclark and Gray_Jay like this.
  6. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

What in the bandwagon?

Reeko and Tfor3 like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Are you old enough to have an opinion?

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This, this is dead on, we might love players who play for the team but once they retire/leave you just stick with the team and keep the memories (don't get me wrong I love our legends and I still kept a copy of the clutch City special I typically watch after the season every few years), but I'm a Rocket fan first. I don't want to be some fair weather fan because when it finally does happen it's worth it. Those 94 and 95 chips were amazing, the only time I felt as good was UT winning (since I went to school there) and at the time of course Astros, especially with that mess of Harvey. Just was all Worth it.

And agree completely, the only time I'm leaving is if the team leaves Houston. I'm originally from Houston so I stick to our teams. It sucked when the Oilers left and we were close with Les moving the Rockets at one point, but hopefully all our teams stay from now on.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Madclownpacasum

I wish i can say no.

10. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

Fertita staying is a bigger problem for me I can't stand his cheappiness :mad:

jerryclark likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’ll always bleed Rockets Red but if that’s the case this Summer that we lose Harden and Morey because of Tillfart, I’ll probably not renew League Pass next year and skip the 2 to 4 games a year I typically go to live.

Tillman is destroying the franchise by running it like a restaurant trying to manage food costs by cutting out your best two entrees on the menu. He’s proving really really bad at this sports owner thing and hope he only bought the team in order to flip it next year.

jerryclark and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Kind of want Morey to leave. He deserves better than Tilman.

I truly hope he leaves on his own accord before pompous son forces him out so he can show the world he's on Random Clutchfans Poster #28 level of GM skills.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

This is an actual question? I’m ride or die.

14. rockets13champs

U a dumbass. Harden got traded to rockets almost 8 years ago I was a senior in Hs at the time. U can do the math.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re sounding very bandwagonist

not everyone is ready to dip when sh*t gets ugly

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Son, judging by your 2018 member status, i feel confident saying that i've been a rockets fan since before you were getting spanked by your daddy for shoplifting a candy bar. Love Harden and Morey, but being a rockets fan is bigger than that. We've had great players before james and we'll have great players after james.

It's Tillman i'm starting to worry about. Can the franchise survive Tillman.....

#36 Aruba77, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I haven't rooted for the direction they were heading in a long time.

I will always root for young players and development , no matter what.

Won't change.

One day they will eventually stop pawning the future.

SkillzThatKillz likes this.
  18. SkillzThatKillz

My hope and dream is exactly this. Rockets need to rebuild.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

OP admits to being a bandwagoner LOL!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I been a Rocket fan since they moved here from San Diego in 71 .... been a fan thru thick and thin .... 14 , 28 and 29 win seasons ... back to back championships .... to the heartbreak of losing game 7 against GSW on your home floor cause CP3's rubber band blew out.

Now we've come full circle with a new owner taking over , much like Charlie Thomas did when he took the team over from Gavin Maloof , the trading of an MVP for a poo platter and watching Mo lead the 76ers to a championship the following year cause Charlie Thomas didn't want to pay him ... Sound familiar? .... Ferntits hasn't traded away an MVP (Yet) but he's traded away everything else to save money.

It sucks as a fan ....

Morey's one of the best GM's in professional sports , if Ferntits fires him or forces him out and replaces him with Fertits Junior .... I'm done. They've already shown to be clueless and dismantled a 65 win team for a few dollars more. Firing / forcing Morey out will be the last straw for me until they sell the team.

jerryclark likes this.