1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clark and Hartenstien sent to G-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexcapone, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I sincerely think Hartenstein has the skills and ability to be a GOOD and SOLID NBA Player
    I think there are some teams he could probably start on . .. IF he man up and get serious
    He got legit ability . . . he needs to bring consistency

Rocket River

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I can agree with that take.

The next time he gets an opportunity he needs to have a breakout game offensively as well as rebounding and defense.

If you see cracks of daylight you bum rush the door. If he does it will open things up for more trust offensively and gain additional minutes, then he can flip those opportunities for a contract by bringing what is most important, consistent performance in front of the coaches, teammates and fans for team wins.

I'm on his side, but you have to take your opportunities to shine and blow them up in the NBA with the few minutes you are given. No one will hand them to you without proof you can perform with what you are given. Look at what Mclemore has been doing.

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh, no. MDA/Morey give up on Hartenstein, again.

Vipers have a game tonight. I'm sure he'll join them on the road trip, just like he did last Tuesday, then flew to CLE/ORL.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

bummer. hart has been good for us imo. hopefully it's just to keep him warm.

6. heypartner

my post was a joke.

Harty was with the Rockets every game last week, but he slipped out to play a Vipers game on Tuesday, between our Monday and Wed games -- to include the obligatory "Rockets ship Harty down to G-League" announcement.

Likely that's the plan again (Vipers play tonight), especially since our next game is Thursday.

D-rock, Gray_Jay and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:eek:

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hartenstein will be let go or traded.
    This is saying that he has no place on this team.

The question is what team would like to have Hartenstein

Rocket River

9. sheb

sheb Member

disagree

capella will get traded, Frankenstein is being kept fresh

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL

Rocket River

11. heypartner

Want to bet that he'll be in LA on Thursday, just like last week when he played with Vipers on Tuesday and suited up in Houston on Monday, then in Cleveland/Orlando on Wed/Thu.

#171 heypartner, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harty is no joking matter

giphy.gif

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Boinnnggggg! Dude's bobblehead should have a bungee cord attached to its back and to the RGV arena.

At least he should be racking up the Southwest airlines miles.

Why doesn't he play more here? I get why Clark doesn't, after a few 0-fers and 3 fouls in 10 minutes played performances, but I don't remember Hart having stinker games like those. Can he not play at the same time as Capela?

heypartner likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Vipers are showing some interest according to sources

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My guess is that the Rockets/Danito desperately want a Tuckwagon Jr. and if Gary could hit his freaking open corner Trey's it would be a pretty good plug & play option to reduce PJ's minutes down to a more reasonable 43.

Unfortunately he shoots more like Gary Clark Jr.

Hartenstein is weirder to fit in because he doesn't really play like Capela.

snowconeman22 and Gray_Jay like this.
  16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hartenstein with 16pts 16rbs and 2/5 three pointers. The Rockets refuse to use Hartenstein the right way.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This!! I know absolutely nothing about managing a sports team, but even I can see this team is not utilizing and developing players for the future. We trade off all young prospects, unlike the Astros, when they built their championship team.

Years later we can't even get them if we try, without giving up a ton of draft picks and potential future stars. We built half that Clippers team off our future and got nothing I'm return but an injury prone star and an "almost there" season ending. Just think, if they get Marcus Morris, he will be yet another ex Rocket.

I just wonder why, with Hartenstein being MVP on the best team in the G League, we don't make a true effort developing him. I mean, what's the deal? He is young, he can shoot, and he is tall!! He just needs some time to develop and gain confidence in the NBA. I mean, Clint never could shoot from more than 5 feet out, and is almost as bad as it gets at free throws Ugh Does Harden not like Hartenstein or what?

If we don't develop the best big man in the G League, then I really think we are making a huge mistake, that will come back to haunt us one day.
    Guys like Hartenstein, with his potential as a big man who can shoot are not a dime a dozen players. Guards and forwards who don't average over 10 pts a game are a dime a dozen.

#177 deb4rockets, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Little Bit and Y2JT like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hartenstein . .. AT WORSE .. is a great change of pace from capela.
    The Offense changes. but I guess they don't want that
    His defensive impact may not be as good but that comes with time and practice
    He may not be the shot blocker but he can learn position and rotation.
    He has good rebounding instincts . .. but need developing
    he is not worse than Capela was 4 yrs ago . . .. .

His Offense is much better than Capela.
    The ability to remove the shot blocker from the paint
    should do WONDERS for Harden and Russ on drives
    ESP SINCE THEY NOT GETTING THE FOUL CALLS THAT ARE HAPPENING!!!
    One less Hacker in the paint would be nice

Rocket River

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA refuses to use any Rockets young players the right way. I feel bad for Hartenstein and Clemons.

deb4rockets and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'm not surprised just business as usual... How do u expect these guys to develop when you won't give them playing time??
    MDA just needs to go, .... Just gonna keep running his starters into the ground... All he wants are ready prepared players, he has no inclination to develop young players or give them a role.
    NOT EVERYBODY'S ROLE IS TO JACK UP 3s

deb4rockets and BigShasta like this.