1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Capela dominates 75% of the league. The other 25% he is flat out bad against, and that 25% of the league is the teams we play in the postseason when things matter.

I still like Capela, but the best teams have figured out how to take him out of the game. The Rockets are trying to win a title and he just isn’t good enough against the teams we have to beat.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is like Swiss men basketball, decent in Europe but not great compared to the Serbians, the Spanish team, France and Greece.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They figure him out because the best teams figure outnumber other teams. If you havent noticed Harden is also not as good in the playoffs. You need lots of talent all around. The rockets have guards, guards, more guards and Capela.

If there’s a roster balance issue - and there is - you can’t solve that by getting rid of Capela... or hoping he’ll magically turn into Hakeem or Shaq.

You need forwards and principally a legit 4. I don’t know how you get that but if it involves a trade... it should be a guard.

jerryclark and Ramo$e like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I dislike MDA , but firing a coach during the season is probably suicide . Unless someone truly great took over , it’s likely the season would be a wash.

Tank a year ? Sit harden and WB ? ;)

Anyways , if you doubted that MDA would feel the heat and go small , then idk what team you’ve been watching the last few years.

He’s not gonna change , if we magically get a 6’9” PF that could hit the three , then I’d believe he might play him next to Clint .

If hartenstein could have learned to shoot , then he might be getting mins . Did Ryan make the team ?

I think the result last game was for sure partially on MDA , but also we went cold at the worst possible time ... and harden might have to adjust to officiating . I can’t believe 2 of those were offensive fouls .. I mean compared to the contact Giannis was creating , that was way less .

It’s way too early to talk about either side of the ball , tho the offense did look promising. We’re going to have to be a team that’s in better shape than the opponents. I think running teams ragged is our best strategy , how it translates to the playoffs is a question for later in the season.

We need more than 1 good player above 6’8”

Whether that player is on this roster already or not I don’t know .

I don’t know why the hell we have 5 ( is it 5?) centers or even 4 centers. (I’m not counting PJ I mean guys that only play center)

Where is our athletic talent above 6’8” ? All we have is Clint . Hartenstein? Lol . 40 year old nene and chandler ?

We’re going to have to contain lebron , ad , Kawhi, George, porzingis , and doncic.... and that’s just in our division .

We’re gonna have to come up with a game plan to beat those guys and teams while playing small (because big talent is not on our roster) and frankly , MDA is probably one of the better guys you can get to do that.

It’s not all doom and gloom . After all , no team has the compliment of guards to deal with: Harden , Russ , Gordon , And Rivers . Those bigger teams will struggle keeping up with our speed. Now , you can argue the clippers can play bigger guys on our guards and that is true and scary . The clippers have the most talent right now . We’re going to have to be able to stylistically defeat them.

I’m looking forward to seeing harden and Russ chemistry get better . I also want to see house improve . Now that Clark is 6’6 and not 6’8” I no longer feel as good about his potential lol . And Hartenstein regressed :(

So some of our prospects didn’t improve that much over the summer . Does MDA think thabo and Tyson are better ? Or is this a case of him giving minutes to veterans first ?

Is guess my TLDR is we have a small team , prolly best to keep MDA

BigShasta and MrSabotage like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imagine if Clark will end up like Covington, never trusted, released, and in a couple of years he becomes the player you need to trade for but can't get cause you don't have the assets...hopefully this doesn't happen again, but Clark is the kind of player we should try to develop imo, and he's constantly glued to the bench because for some reason we need to play McLemore more.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think the team would need JVGs attitude to detail but these guys are too soft to handle him because Mike has been to free with them

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so shaq hit 66% on 17 FT attempts per game in the '02 finals, which was basically his prime at age 30 and what i remembered most. comparing their demeanors though is night and day. shaq was ferocious and clint plays like a scared kitten. sure clint is slender. but so were guys like KG, kenyon martin, xavier mcdaniel, etc. those guys would not get abused like ragdolls by donkey, LMA, etc, etc. those guys did not play like p*****s. imo clint does. i understand you don't agree with this and i'm fine with that.

8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Is Dantony still here? Just as I thought. The kneejerk is still strong on CFs!

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Shaq was still horrible at his best lol. Not sure what exactly is being argued. Shaw’s the worst person to use to argue about free throw capability.

So Clint isn’t Shaq or KG. He’s better than Kenyon Martin. Xavier McDaniel is a random pull.

If there’s anything I’m trying to keep arguing for, it’s that not every player will improve by a “tough guy” attitude. For the most part I think this does Clint a disservice. Just as much as he’s not tough enough he has moments where he tries to hard to play bully ball and can’t... because he can’t.

This team would improve a lot more of instead of focusing on clint’s Toughness, everyone bought out to do the little things.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not arguing anything here. i (and probably most here) had already considered clint to be a soft p***y for quite some time now. you came to me, you brought up shaq. your nutless warrior was on the bench in the 4th tonite. i brought up xavier b/c he was a 205lb forward who played much bigger than his size. if you want more players brought up, then the list of inside players who have abused clint in just the past 52 weeks is EXTENSIVE...

11. Mr. Space City

He ran a mid range play, so that proves they have plays to get harden mid range jumpshots, and they simply don't run it.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ok, you don't like Clint. Calling him a p***y and a nutless warrior is over the top and wrong.

Should we bench Clint? Should we release Clint. Trade him?

Complaining and name calling doesn't accomplish anything.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is a message board for commentary -- praising him doesn't accomplish anything either. and what i want to be done with him doesn't matter because tilman won the bid for the rockets. if you have an issue with reading things you don't like i suggest the ignore and/or report features

14. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

today is lucky win. soft defence.

15. Mr. Space City

Anybody can teach this basic system and get offensive production out of this group, but not anybody can make them be this terrible on defense.

ksny15 likes this.
  16. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

MDA has to go NOW! :mad:

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boo this man.gif

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike can go help coach the Astros. They need offensive help.

clutchdabear, Vivi and BigShasta like this.
  19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Mike wouldn't care about the pitching. "As long as we hit like we're supposed to hit, we'll be alright"

BigShasta likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brent Strom got the pitching handled.

Now about those bats...