1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Morey in the hot seat??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You weren't likely born during colonial British rule. The very freedoms you have been enjoying are freedoms preserved after the 1997 hand-back to mainland. Hong Kong under British colonial rule was demonstrative less tolerant of dissent and protest. So far during the months long riots, not one citizen has been killed despite hundreds of millions of damage to both private properties and public infrastructure.

Here, refute these facts from Wikipedia first. Your last post shows a serious lack of understanding of history. If you read about these events from Chinese sources, they are magnitudes worse: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ng-kong-protests.301462/page-11#post-12621821

dlite316 likes this.
  2. alcatrazpsycho

If Rox lose Chinese $, we can probably kiss goodbye to an NBA team in Houston... and that's the reality of it. We can all thank Le$ for signing that proverbial "deal with the devil" all those years ago... what a scumbag. Fortunately for him, he found a greater fool to offload this overvalued team to...

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Only if Morey clubbed baby seals.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Daryl Morey is badass and his value has risen immensely for his work today

ElDobleK likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

You were already exposed as being clueless last night. Take your boot licking of the CCP to another forum.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Lol, I post facts with Western sources. You post through feels.

dlite316 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What an absurd take. Is there a market that doesn't have a NBA team that would be more profitable than Houston?

MrSabotage and Nook like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So there is this Province of Guangdong (Canton).

Dun they speak the same language? Or are you trying to say your Cantonese has developed much further along the way?

But it's still called the same.

Well, feel free to think this way.

I have a counter example though, Shanghai started out as a colony as well, they kept the Shanghainese dialect.

Westerners and foreigners still luv the city, it's still Western influenced.

But in totality it kept its Chinese culture. And you do not see Shanghai people protesting, do you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_International_Settlement

If one does not want to be Chinese, then dun be, but one can't deny her roots.

Most of HK ppl come from Canton, Fujian, Szechuan and all those provinces.

dlite316 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

He cannot refute you. He only knows what the CCP has spoon fed him from his birth. The level of ignorance is appalling until you consider everyone of his thoughts and influences is controlled by the CCP.

The USA should also be ashamed for not helping Hong Kong. The USA will interfere in other matters but not Hong Kong who is fighting for freedoms they deserve.

fchowd0311 and ashleyem like this.
  10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I was born during colonial British rule. As a matter fact, before the handover we have a defacto universal suffrage on all seats in the legislature and guaranteed freedom to protest without police consent. After the handover, police can ban protests as they did in recent months and only half of the seats in the legislature are directly elected.

11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

How about all social media just goes away. Sick of it.

napalm06 and Tfor3 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

my god, just stop it...

How do all these other teams in worse markets manage to survive without all that Chinese money?

Deckard, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I never denied it. Chinese government has been eradicating those language in the Mainland. For example, in Guangdong, schools are forbidden to teach in Cantonese, they brainwashed school kids into thinking Cantonese is a inferior language and that Mandarin is the only "civilized" language. If you want to Guangzhou you would notice many kids there can't speak Cantonese anymore, which is a shame. Same goes to other provinces in China, such as Shanghai, no kids speak in Shanghaiese anymore, many languages in China are about to go extinct. And they are trying to do the same in Hong Kong and we must hold our own.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

getting sick and tired of people acting like the Rockets would be the Pelicans or Bucks without China

Newlin, napalm06 and clos4life like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then dun direct it on the governments before XI, if Xi is the problem, we'll find out. Cannot believe every leader before him is bad though.

My mom speaks Shanghainese all the time, it's not going away, she tellin me about her relatives, the younger ones, they all speak it, it's not easy to forget.

Of course you have your 6 intonations, which is more complex to master.

Nobody will forget it, even if you cannot speak it in school.

Mandarin is very important, many Cantonese cannot speak it properly because of the differences in moving the tongue.

Many do not like it because it is so hard to learn and master, but many have.

You cannot converse with other Chinese from different provinces. It's the only way. Believe me.

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It is important to learn Mandarin, but people shouldn't be forbidden speak the language and label it inferior. It is a shame that many languages in China are endangered because of the government's policy.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's the Chinese communist propaganda machine at work.They're not happy with just censoring China, their goal is to censor the world. I'm pretty sure some of the posters on this board are paid by the Chinese government.

Gray_Jay and ElDobleK like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’ll be honest I know so little about the protests I will not speak on that subject.

Knowing so little about the subject, I do think Morey probably should have been more careful in his position on what he is tweeting about. However, I also started believing that Morey was trying to get himself fired ever since he started growing that beard. That’s what I do when I stop caring about something, let my hair go.

19. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Lol when u say "our language" are u talking about the written language of traditional Chinese or the dialect of Guangdong province which the British made up a name for?

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Both