1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is SOFT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dero72, Apr 22, 2019.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

SMH at these kneejerk GARM threads.

Seriously thought I'm hyped to see how much stronger Clint is going to be in a few more years when he's completely filled out with another 10-15 pounds of muscle. He's gonna be a monster.

D-rock, RyanB and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26583986/rockets-capela-battling-2-respiratory-illnesses

SALT LAKE CITY -- Houston Rockets center Clint Capela, who had perhaps his worst performance of the season in the Rockets' 107-91 Game 4 loss to the Utah Jazz on Monday, told ESPN that he has been battling two respiratory illnesses during the series.

Capela, who missed a practice due to illness days before the series started, said he was diagnosed with adenovirus and a klebsiella infection during a Sunday visit to a Salt Lake City doctor, who prescribed medication and eye drops.

Capela, whose eyes were extremely bloodshot, was told it would be another four or five days before he would be fully recovered.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP my nominee for Rockets Fan of the Year

J Sizzle, CCity Zero and RyanB like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Center/ PF by committee Tucker first, Faried, Nene, Hart and even Clark. Can't rely on Capela. He could end up spreading an infection. Sit him out asap.

5. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

Capela is Swiss, of course he is soft. JK. He's not soft. He's npt a bruiser. He's an agile big that can stay in front of guards and protect the rim. That is what the Rockets need.

Newlin likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never ceases to amaze me . . ..

When the defender is allowed to get alot of wrist and hand on a 'strip'
    without any call . . .. people blame the offensive player for not being 'strong enough'

When on the other end the same situation results in a foul . . then say he is a bad defender

Rocket River

tobster likes this.
  7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This illness is starting to worry me a bit. I could tell he looked unusually winded after some short spurts but I had no idea he was sick. I hope that playing with a respiratory illness and playing at altitude doesn’t set him back even more.

I almost want to sit him so he has time to recover before we face GS. But of course we lose any semblance of rim protection or rebounding. This is incredibly bad timing.

#67 BaselineFade, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then D'Antoni is a fool for playing him, you can't be doing that and playing thru sickness really backfired, it did more damage than it would have helped.

There is no way Mike did not know about it beforehand. Also how did Mike not know about high altitude in Utah and Denver?

Vivi, jboslett and smp like this.
  9. smp

smp Member

Exactly!!!!

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I couldn't be lower on D'Antoni as a coach.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is Joe Cheese?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's a bunch of people in this thread that nobody has even heard of. but that's no surprise

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Rest him. There’s no need to put him under extra physical stress while he’s recovering. The Rockets should be able to close this out at home without him. He needs to be ready against the Warriors.

D-rock and tinman like this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Couldn't be any lower on him? Really? Up 3-1 but this is the lowest.

Drama queen.

A whole lotta dumbassery in this thread. Dude is sick and trying to play through it. He was sick in game 3, too. He had a bad game and hopefully the illness has peaked and he can start to feel better with some rest and being back home today.

Batman Jones, Rustyrig and D-rock like this.
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

What about D'Antoni's coaching isn't simple?

This is a guy who doesn't develop talent, coaches ONE side of the ball, and has shaky rotations.

His one side of coaching is just spamming pick and rolls and calling 3-4 plays a game at the beginning of quarters. He stinks.

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

One strange thing I noticed is that it seemed like Capela was trying to do everything with one hand last night. I was like, is his other hand being held? Is he trying to Odell-Beckham-catch the ball? He couldn't secure a rebound to save his life.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

He needs 5 days rest per his doctor. Clint was sick, what was House's excuse?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Busy harassing Tilman about getting paid like a Super Star

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OP is soft in the head and started a stupid thread that deserves to be closed.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You claimed he rendered you speechless. That was far from true.